Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2016 4:25:51 PM EDT
Where can I find one? I currently have the Wilson mag guide, but I want a metal lanyard loop.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#1]
try ebay. I get most my small parts there
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Where can I find one? I currently have the Wilson mag guide, but I want a metal lanyard loop.
View Quote

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frame-hardware/lanyard-loops/lanyard-loop-stainless-prod28376.aspx

Its stainless, but it is metal
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

try ebay. I get most my small parts there
View Quote
$10.98 shipped. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/frame-parts/frame-hardware/lanyard-loops/lanyard-loop-stainless-prod28376.aspx

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw that but was looking for a black one. eBay had it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Beretta sells them now. I just installed one on my new M9 along with their metal parts kit. It feels so much nicer then the plastic loop that came on the gun.

Beretta USA
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
wait, you guys use a lanyard on your Beretta?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but it acts as a sort of mag guide, and is much easier to get in/out than the flat ones.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Not only does it work like a mag guide but the loop makes removing the dog bone pin retaining the hammer spring easier.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The reason I wanted one is because my Wilson Combat 92A1 has all metal parts. But I'm making it look more like a stock gun and didn't want to put the plastic one back in. No real reason why, just didn't want to have a plastic part when I could get metal.

Also, my mag guide from Wilson makes some mags stick in the mag well. The back of the base pad rubs it with some mags. Didn't have the problem until I got a 30 round mag and a couple 15 round Beretta mags. The factory 17 round and Mec Gar mags work fine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do when Im canoeing or backpacking as I like to be attached to my gun when sleeping
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Right now the best price is CDNN especially if your going to get a few.

The big parts kit has 1 metal lanyard loop and they sell individually for $4 vs $14 at beretta.  

Parts

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Good find.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did in Army infantry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:53:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I use a lanyard when on a boat, aircraft, or around water.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We did in Army infantry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did in Army infantry.

Same in the USMC security forces
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#16]
IM you, I have one you can have.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did in Army infantry.

Civilian use
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Civilian use
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did in Army infantry.

Civilian use

So read back to all the posts of people who use lanyards around water, in the woods, and for aerial use as civilians
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So read back to all the posts of people who use lanyards around water, in the woods, and for aerial use as civilians

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We did in Army infantry.

Civilian use

Reading is for faggots.

I've never used a lanyard loop.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Civilian use
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did in Army infantry.

Civilian use

I think you are trying to be difficult. There are lots of reasons you might need to tie your pistol off. 4wheeling, hiking, skiing, boating, climbing. The 92 series isn't the only gun with previsions for a lanyard. That hole at the back of the Glock grip is designed to be used with a lanyard. Imagine that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I have used a lanyard while Kayaking with a Glock. Seems like a good idea to me just in case you go for an unexpected swim. I have a Beretta 92A1 inbound that I think I should put a metal loop in as well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#22]
If you are doing these activities, why not use a proper holster with retention or a thumbstrap or flap instead?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Because when you take a spill down the side of a hill while hiking, your holster may not retain your pistol. A lanyard tied off gives you extra security and almost guarantees you retain possession of your pistol. It's not rocket surgery. You don't want to use your layanard? You think it is stupid? That's fine, it doesn't matter to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#24]
One evening while deer hunting the last few minutes of daylight I lost a RedHawk that was snapped into my shoulder holster .
After that I always use a lanyard while out humping the boonies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
I use it on all my guns that have it when I'm on the water or sleeping while camping.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you are doing these activities, why not use a proper holster with retention or a thumbstrap or flap instead?
View Quote

Why not do both?

You ever flip a canoe in white water? Or get swatted by a bear after you gun is drawn?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
One evening while deer hunting the last few minutes of daylight I lost a RedHawk that was snapped into my shoulder holster .
View Quote

Did you find it or was it lost for good?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After the shot I jumped out of my stand and ran a 100 yards to get to my deer. By this time the woods were starting to get dark because of the over head cover and the sun starting to set . This is when I realized it wasn't with me . With flashlights and my 2 hunting buddies we back tracked my route and found it under my stand .
Apparently when I jumped the last 3 or 4 feet out of my stand the impact jarred it out of my holster that it was snapped into .
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I am glad you found it. I don't think I would have been able to sleep if I lost a gun in the woods and didn't find it. I once lost a knife that my wife bought me. Tore my truck, safe, house, apart looking for it. For three days I searched every chance I got. I was about to call it off when my wife came out of the laundry room with it. I had left it in a pair of jeans.

Your situation is exactly why the lanyard is useful. Had it been tied off it would have came loose but you would have noticed it fell out of the holster when it nut checked you or banged into one of your chins. lol.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I am glad you found it. I don't think I would have been able to sleep if I lost a gun in the woods and didn't find it. I once lost a knife that my wife bought me. Tore my truck, safe, house, apart looking for it. For three days I searched every chance I got. I was about to call it off when my wife came out of the laundry room with it. I had left it in a pair of jeans.

Your situation is exactly why the lanyard is useful. Had it been tied off it would have came loose but you would have noticed it fell out of the holster when it nut checked you or banged into one of your chins. lol.
View Quote

My woods gun now is a 5" S&W 629 with a factory lanyard loop .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top