Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2016 10:15:53 PM EDT
Which hammer spring for a 92?  Wolff or Beretta D?  If Wolff, what weight?
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Reduced power 1911 main spring. Ed Brown, $8.99 for 5 at brownells.  Really work in a 92.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I am new to 92s myself but I tried the 16lb Wilson spring (Beretta D spring is 16lbs) and the Wilson 14lb.

So far the 14lb (and 16lb of course) has set off everything I have thrown at it.  You will see significant improvement with the 16lb weight over stock, so I guess I would start there.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought the Beretta D spring was 18lbs.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Beretta D

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beretta D

View Quote

Any particular reason for the Beretta as opposed to the Wilson or Wolff springs?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My Wilson Combat 92A1 with the 14 # spring gave me light strikes with RWS and Geco 124gr. So I went to a D spring and now it eats everything. Also have the Elite II hammer which may have contributed to the issue.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I use D-springs and EII hammers on virtually all of my 92s and have never suffered light strikes. Some people have run into trouble lighting off hard primers with the 14 lb springs according to what I've read on the web. Just for consistency and reliability I've stayed with the Beretta springs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Any particular reason for the Beretta as opposed to the Wilson or Wolff springs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beretta D

Reliability. I shoot a lot of nato, tula/wolf, euro brass case stuff and they all have hard primers. Ive never liked using light springs to improve a guns trigger but since the d spring is a factory part for dao guns I dont mind.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Is the D spring a 16 or 18lb spring? Right now I am using a Wolff #14 with an Elite II hammer over the weekend I shot almost 1100 rounds shooting a mix of 124gr Winchester NATO, 124gr Blazer brass and 147gr +P HST. Not a single failure of any kind including light strikes. I am still concerned about it though. I plan to purchase 500rnds of Wolf just to make sure.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Is the D spring a 16 or 18lb spring? Right now I am using a Wolff #14 with an Elite II hammer over the weekend I shot almost 1100 rounds shooting a mix of 124gr Winchester NATO, 124gr Blazer brass and 147gr +P HST. Not a single failure of any kind including light strikes. I am still concerned about it though. I plan to purchase 500rnds of Wolf just to make sure.
View Quote
16 pound.

The only primers I had an issue with were European NATO ammo.

Also, I think the Wilson spring mine came with might have been 13 pound.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Were you using a standard hammer or an Elite II hammer? Over on PF a WC rep stated that their WC BTs go out the door with either #13 or #14 springs. I guess depending on how they perform in testing is how they decide which spring to use. The rep also said that while the Elite II is lighter, they claimed that the hammer moves back further than the standard hammer while firing giving it a little more smash.I am sure there are variables to this due to tolerances gun to gun and part to part. Explains why I can shoot 9mm NATO out of my 92A1 with an E2 hammer and #14 spring and others have problems. I still plan to shoot some more Euro ammo out of it to find a failure point. I ordered some of the German made MEN NATO stuff from SG Ammo.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the Wilson skeletonized hammer on mine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a "D" spring in mine

I would not want the DA any lighter personally

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Were you using a standard hammer or an Elite II hammer? Over on PF a WC rep stated that their WC BTs go out the door with either #13 or #14 springs. I guess depending on how they perform in testing is how they decide which spring to use. The rep also said that while the Elite II is lighter, they claimed that the hammer moves back further than the standard hammer while firing giving it a little more smash.I am sure there are variables to this due to tolerances gun to gun and part to part. Explains why I can shoot 9mm NATO out of my 92A1 with an E2 hammer and #14 spring and others have problems. I still plan to shoot some more Euro ammo out of it to find a failure point. I ordered some of the German made MEN NATO stuff from SG Ammo.
View Quote

I run a 14 and the elite hammer in 2 of mine.  Never an issue even with hard primers.  I'm sold on the combination.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
16 pound Wolff spring and the Beretta Elite II hammer in mine. Eats everything I run through it.

" />
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:13:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
16 pound Wolff spring and the Beretta Elite II hammer in mine. Eats everything I run through it.

http://<a href=http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff503/nomadcity/IMG_20160319_171742.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

That lower grip screw looks to be standing proud by quite a bit...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top