Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2016 5:34:04 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these mags?  My usual are Mec-gar in either the 18 or 20 round variety but I would like to try some of these especially due to the value price if they are quality.

Can anyone comment on the base pads?  Do these have the same issue as the 17 round Beretta OEM mags that came with my 92A1 and will crack when dropped on concrete?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an ACT mag for my 1911 (8rd) and it fails to lock the slide back 50% or more of the time.  My Mec Gar mags never have that issue
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything that ACT makes is crap. Avoid them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok thanks.  I have 5 ACT mags for my SIG P220 and they have been great.  Bought them from Greg too.  I was hoping maybe he wouldn't sell something that wasn't high quality.  Just no experience with them in Berettas.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ok thanks.  I have 5 ACT mags for my SIG P220 and they have been great.  Bought them from Greg too.  I was hoping maybe he wouldn't sell something that wasn't high quality.  Just no experience with them in Berettas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know who Greg is, but seriously, ACT is sub-par, cheap crap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
MecGar mags are what you want for your Beretta.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:32:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I have MecGars, I asked if anyone had any experience with ACT mags in Beretta guns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 7:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Ill buy cheap mags for $10 or less. (I knew I should have bought more of those 96 mags from the ee at $7.50 shipped)
But I don't see any value added to the ACT mags when I KNOW the mecgar 18 round mags for $19.99 are gtg
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ill buy cheap mags for $10 or less. (I knew I should have bought more of those 96 mags from the ee at $7.50 shipped)
But I don't see any value added to the ACT mags when I KNOW the mecgar 18 round mags for $19.99 are gtg
View Quote

Where can you get them for $19.99 please?

I picked up some at the "old" Wideners for less than that, but they were sold out when I went back for more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 11:39:59 PM EDT
[#11]

I have seen them before.  Those  have been discussed at length over on the Beretta forum.  Not taking chances with them.  But thanks anyway.  Was hoping there was something cheaper than the $22.85 ones at AIM.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#12]
LOL take a chance with what? The 3 I have are absolutely identical, spring, follower, finish, witness holes, and function to the half dozen mec gar labeled ones I have.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOL take a chance with what? The 3 I have are absolutely identical, spring, follower, finish, witness holes, and function to the half dozen mec gar labeled ones I have.
View Quote

Some on the Beretta forum ordered them too and didn't get what you did.  I'm not rolling the dice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Some on the Beretta forum ordered them too and didn't get what you did.  I'm not rolling the dice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you link the thread? Im a member overthere but missed that one
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=125032See post #7.

I've never tried Beretta ACT mags but they make great mags for the Sig P220. Also bought them from "Greg" (GregCoteLLC.com).
View Quote

Yes, that's my only experience with them as well.  Those are the only mags other than a few older zipper backs that I run in my 220.

Since I haven't had much luck with this thread on the original question I have searched the Beretta forum and have found several who really like the ACT mags and one who regularly uses them in competition.  Including the one you linked, thank you.  

I'm going to try a few from Greg.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

here

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

here

Well, one person. He got what I got ad it seems one of the 2 followers might not be locking the slide back.

Ill take some pics later of the 19.99mags, 15 round mecgars, and 18 round mecgars. If they're fakes Im ok with it because I cannot tell the difference and there are a few small molding marks that are identical across all 3 which leads me to believe they are in fact mec gars
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been burned before buying mags that were supposed to be a particular brand but were not marked nor in that makers packaging.  For the $5 difference I'm just not willing to chance it.  I still need about 10 for my Clinton stash and a few bucks savings each would make a difference.  

Wideners had Mecgar 18's (marked and in Mecgar packaging) for $16 each back either in the winter of fall of last year.  I could kick myself for not buying more back then.  I tried to go back and get more but they were already sold out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I have several I have picked up from CDNN I think, I have not had any problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top