Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2016 5:04:19 PM EDT
Hi everyone,

I have a Beretta 92G-SD. After shooting the 92G-SD and handling a Vertec, I have decided that the Vertec grip is more comfortable for me. I see that AGW offers a grip mod for Berettas.

Has anyone had their Beretta grip reprofiled from standard to Vertec style by AGW?

What I'm wondering is whether or not there will be any potential reliability loss and/or impact on structural integrity of the grip and frame after the change.

An M9A3 is out of the question due to CA handgun roster. And after selling the 92G-SD used, buying a new Vertec, I will probably only save $100. I really don't want to go through the hassle of selling the gun. I also like the other features that the 92G-SD has; brigadier slide, barrel, G vs FS configuration &c.

Thanks for any input
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't chop a SD but it's your gun
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
To bad you're in Cali, I have a nice inox vertec i would trade you for your G SD. I have come to the opposite conclusion you have and much prefer the standard frame.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Allegheny Gun Works would not offer that service if Josh thought there would be any potential impact on structural integrity.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Allegheny Gun Works would not offer that service if Josh thought there would be any potential impact on structural integrity.
View Quote

+4. I've never had it done. But Josh is a good dude and does great work.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]
+1 on not chopping a 92G-SD and AGW doing great work.

I would just find an cheap used 92 since a refinish would be in order anyways.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
try some of the G10 slim grips first
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#7]
If the Vertec is on the CA DOJ roster, I have a frame that I'll sell you if you won't chop that G-SD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top