Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2016 4:38:09 PM EDT
I was going to replace my locking block with the newer model. Beretta was out of locking blocks but with my 10% off code I just bought a new barrel with a locking block. Installed it and the lock up is stiff. The original barrel/locking block is like glass smooth.

The new one reminds me of a hand fitted 1911 that will stop at mid lock up if one slowly hand releases the slide.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:51:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Do one or both of the following, YMMV, IANAL, not legal advice etc lol

1. Examine for burrs or obvious signs of wear that shouldn't be.
2. Shoot it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Just shoot it. My 92a1 was stiffer than woodpecker lips until a few hundreds round later.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thoughts?
View Quote

Have you compared the two while out of the gun? Any differences in appearance that's noticeable? What you're describing isn't normal for a 92 series, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you compared the two while out of the gun? Any differences in appearance that's noticeable? What you're describing isn't normal for a 92 series, IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

This morning I stripped the pistol down, degreased it and checked it out. Yep, the new barrel/locking block is the newest one with the radial cuts on the corners.
When sliding it in the frame all is good but a tad tighter than the factory one. BTW, the gun has less than 500 rounds through it.

I'll get it to the range soon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Shot it this past Sunday and it shot fine. The 25 yard six 8" plate rack was easily cleaned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top