Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2016 4:49:50 PM EDT
I'm looking at this pistol which is for sale locally.  I've only seen the one pic below.  Seller claims it's a 92FS.  I'm not a Beretta expert so I did some research and checked out the Beretta web site.  It's my understanding that the 92FS will have a curved dust cover, this one appears to be straight.  Also the trigger guard on this one is rounded in the front and all of the pics I've seen are squared off in the front.  Seller also claims that it has Trijicon night sights and that it is new in box.  So is this really a 92FS?  If not, what model is it?  What would be a fair price for it NIB?  

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
92S model.  Not a 92FS.

Pachmyar grips are aftermarket.  

Used ones were selling under $300 a little while ago.

This doesn't have the slide stop like the FS. I personally wouldn't pay over $350
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm no expert, but it's obviously a 92 variant.  Whatever it is, I want it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
92S model.  Not a 92FS.

Pachmyar grips are aftermarket.  

Used ones were selling under $300 a little while ago.

This doesn't have the slide stop like the FS. I personally wouldn't pay over $350
View Quote

Actually. It's not a 92S. It's a 92SB. Only difference really is that it has the mag release near the trigger instead of on the heel of the grip.

Blued (not painted) finish and made sometime between 82-85.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys.  I'm kicking around the idea of offering something for a trade.  Not sure yet.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 5:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
It certainly looks very, very nice considering the age of the gun. The way the gun is in the box. Hard to tell if it really does have tritium sights or not. But generally the rear night sight is more square and not angled like it is.

And the front sight would have had to have been drilled out and a tritium tube inserted (happens all the time).

92FS can have either  an angled or striaght dustcover. The M9 is gonna be straight always. And trigger guards are gonna always be sqaured off these days. Unless it's some kind of special built model.

http://92fs.net/FAQ/S92/92Fam/1%20-%20Baseline.gif

Good luck with the sale/trade.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
That is a Beretta 92SB, a fairly rare and highly desirable variant of the Beretta 92.
Personally the 92SB is my favorite handgun, and I've owned many high end pistols.

A fair price for a true NIB, or Like-NIB example would be $800-$1000. (I've actually never seen a true NIB 92SB)
I paid $850 for my Like-NIB Beretta 92SB, and for me personally it is a fair price.
I also paid $650 for another 92SB that has slightly more finish wear... it really depends on the seller and how bad you want it...

The one in your picture seems to have a after market Pacmyr grip, a non-factory extended mag, and a non-factory standard capacity mag.
I highly doubt it is a true NIB pistol, but from the one picture you provided, it seems to be in excellent condition with slight wear on the front edge of the slide.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is a Beretta 92SB, a fairly rare and highly desirable variant of the Beretta 92.
Personally the 92SB is my favorite handgun, and I've owned many high end pistols.

A fair price for a true NIB, or Like-NIB example would be $800-$1000. (I've actually never seen a true NIB 92SB)
I paid $850 for my Like-NIB Beretta 92SB, and for me personally it is a fair price.
I also paid $650 for another 92SB that has slightly more finish wear... it really depends on the seller and how bad you want it...

The one in your picture seems to have a after market Pacmyr grip, a non-factory extended mag, and a non-factory standard capacity mag.
I highly doubt it is a true NIB pistol, but from the one picture you provided, it seems to be in excellent condition with slight wear on the front edge of the slide.

https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7095/26727213230_f6cafd661e_o.jpg
https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7719/26395252174_892b3043bc_o.jpg
View Quote

Very cool, thanks for the info.  I honestly didn't know about these until today.  I'm trying to get some more pics of it.  Like I said before, I'm still not entirely certain that I'll make an offer.  I don't have the cash but the seller is open to trades.  I've got a couple things to offer but I'll have to think about it more.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm looking at this pistol which is for sale locally.  I've only seen the one pic below.  Seller claims it's a 92FS.  I'm not a Beretta expert so I did some research and checked out the Beretta web site.  It's my understanding that the 92FS will have a curved dust cover, this one appears to be straight.  Also the trigger guard on this one is rounded in the front and all of the pics I've seen are squared off in the front.  Seller also claims that it has Trijicon night sights and that it is new in box.  So is this really a 92FS?  If not, what model is it?  What would be a fair price for it NIB?  

http://i.imgur.com/cB4S7XZl.jpg?1
View Quote

It looks very nice. The current production 92FS has a sloped dust cover - not curved and...they had straight dust covers prior to the switch to sloped.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Very cool, thanks for the info.  I honestly didn't know about these until today.  I'm trying to get some more pics of it.  Like I said before, I'm still not entirely certain that I'll make an offer.  I don't have the cash but the seller is open to trades.  I've got a couple things to offer but I'll have to think about it more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7095/26727213230_f6cafd661e_o.jpg
https://c7.staticflickr.com/8/7719/26395252174_892b3043bc_o.jpg

Well, if you decided not to get it maybe you can PM me how much he wants for it?
If the price is decent I would like to get a shooter 92SB.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#10]
What are your plans for the pistol-range toy,shooter,home defense,ccw,etc.? I only ask because depending on what you use it for, it will require more maintenance-blued slide,well at least for me it would. It is very nice looking though.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Actually. It's not a 92S. It's a 92SB. Only difference really is that it has the mag release near the trigger instead of on the heel of the grip.

Blued (not painted) finish and made sometime between 82-85.
View Quote

All correct.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks again for all of the help.  I decided to pass on this one.  I do want to pick up a Beretta in the future and will most likely get an M9, mainly for nostalgic reasons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top