Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2016 2:10:58 AM EDT
Friends, bought a M9A3.
Discovered the threaded portion was off from the bore.  With my naked eye it was off that bad.
Contacted Beretta.  They had me send it in and they replaced the barrel.  
Had it for one week is all. Beretta covered shipping.
Thought it was nice to get something fixed right off the bat.
If that would have been Ruger, they still would have paid shipping.  But it would have come back with some jackwaggon excuse or the firing pin replaced.    
But Beretta did good.  Should it have left the factory?  No but they made it right.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
People shit on beretta a lot.....but their 92 series pistols and customer service on them is good.  And if you look hard you won't find many beretts 92 type that have issues out of the box.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent my 9000S Type F in for service this month after a spring broke after 10 years of use, and I didn't realize Beretta USA no longer serviced them at Accokeek (they've farmed out service to Midwest Gun Works on older, discontinued hardware). Even so, within 2 days of receiving it, Beretta's gunsmith went ahead and IDed the issue and gave me a write-up of the diagnosis along with a page explaining that I should send it to Midwest Gun Works and included MGW's info. Then he included a new 9000S hard case, and overnighted it back to me so I could send it to MGW.

Total cost $0 for my mistake and I even got an extra case and my issue diagnosed out of it. I've been a Beretta owner since 2005 since I purchased my M9 Commercial (first gun I ever bought myself that wasn't a gift or inherited) and through 11 years of ownership I can say Beretta is good people.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent my Beretta Pico back for an update earlier this year. I  HAD  to pay the shipping to Beretta.    

And they had it for about six weeks.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Should it have left the factory?  No but they made it right.  
View Quote

How in the WORLD did it get past QC if it was as bad as you say it was? (Not that I doubt your version.)  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How in the WORLD did it get past QC if it was as bad as you say it was? (Not that I doubt your version.)  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should it have left the factory?  No but they made it right.  

Uhuh.  
Version or story? Which is it?
You accusing or asking in an odd way?  
See I didn't pay what I did for a Pistola with a threaded barrel to mount a can on, only to find I can't really mount a can.  
A 45 can may have been unscathed.  Certainly not a 9mm can in it's pre fixed condition.  
However, it was nice to have something sent in fixed right off the batt.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Uhuh.  
View Quote

What?????  

I just asked for your opinion on how it might've left the factory being off that badly. If that's too much, then don't worry about my question, sir...............
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What?????  

I just asked for your opinion on how it might've left the factory being off that badly. If that's too much, then don't worry about my question, sir...............
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uhuh.  

What?????  

Alright well now I see.  
Your previous line of inquiry left a bit of interpolation room is all.
Shoot how does any product leave the factory in an un favourable condition.  
The thread protector was off a bit.  That should have been a bit visible.
Suppose the QC department was late for thirsty Thursday maybe.  
The shop had 4 or 5 and I got one out of the back so I didn't see it either while I purchased it.    
Did hear they were moving to a better work state.  
Been working nights so probably caught it the wrong way.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Alright well now I see.  
Your previous line of inquiry left a bit of interpolation room is all.
Shoot how does any product leave the factory in an un favourable condition.  
The thread protector was off a bit.  That should have been a bit visible.
Suppose the QC department was late for thirsty Thursday maybe.  
The shop had 4 or 5 and I got one out of the back so I didn't see it either while I purchased it.    
Did hear they were moving to a better work state.  
Been working nights so probably caught it the wrong way.
View Quote

I guess it could've been one of the last few made in MD by a pissed off employee just before the move. I once had a Performance Center S&W have to immediately go back for warranty work before I shot it once. This sort of shit just infuriates me on what are supposed to be decent grade handguns. One would expect better from both S&W & Beretta, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top