Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2016 10:56:14 AM EDT
I picked up my 92fs yesterday and to my suprise it has a straight dust cover . Is this new for the 92 series ? I thought 92fs came with an angled dust cover .
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
They came with both over the years. I had one with and without. It is mostly a preference thing as both pistols are solid performers.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#2]
They do make a clamp on rail for the straight covers
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They came with both over the years. I had one with and without. It is mostly a preference thing as both pistols are solid performers.
View Quote
This is my second beretta and I agree they are solid pistols regardless of the dust cover . Just seemed odd I had not read about 92fs with the straight dust cover.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Some people have preferences just like some people don't like the rounded trigger guard, me being one of them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like an M9 frame. It doesn't have the reduced grip at the top of the Backstrom either. I like that.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like an M9 frame. It doesn't have the reduced grip at the top of the Backstrom either. I like that.
View Quote
I thought the same thing the frame looks exactly like my m9 frame .
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Way Cool.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the straight cover looks better anyway .
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:I picked up my 92fs yesterday and to my suprise it has a straight dust cover . Is this new for the 92 series ? I thought 92fs came with an angled dust cover .
View Quote

This is most likely an M9 and not a 92FS. Not only does it have a straight dust cover, and non-radiused backstrap, but it also has hex grip screws, typical of an M9. Generally, a 92FS will have a regular-blade grip screw.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is most likely an M9 and not a 92FS. Not only does it have a straight dust cover, and non-radiused backstrap, but it also has hex grip screws, typical of an M9. Generally, a 92FS will have a regular-blade grip screw.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:I picked up my 92fs yesterday and to my suprise it has a straight dust cover . Is this new for the 92 series ? I thought 92fs came with an angled dust cover .

Yeah but the frame in the pic has the warnings on it where as M9 frames don't .
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and it has 3 dot sights . Fyi I ordered the 92fs with 3 mags from budsgunshop and it says 92fs on the slide and box .
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Fyi I ordered the 92fs with 3 mags from budsgunshop and it says 92fs on the slide and box .
View Quote

I should have been clearer in my analysis: I would venture to guess what you have is a hybrid - these sorts of errors/variations do happen from time to time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Beretta mix's and matches with their 92/civi M9 (usa made stuff). Clearly, that's a 92FS and not a civilian/commercial M9. But Beretta will use whatever frame they happen to have available at the time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I should have been clearer in my analysis: I would venture to guess what you have is a hybrid - these sorts of errors/variations do happen from time to time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Fyi I ordered the 92fs with 3 mags from budsgunshop and it says 92fs on the slide and box .

That is the best answer so far. I like that the pistol is kinda different.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I say ya got lucky!

I like the straight dustcovers better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top