Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2016 8:19:28 PM EDT
I'm thinking a 14 or 15lb recoil spring should do it, to compensate for the lighter "D" hammer spring.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory dao 92s have the same 13lb recoil spring as all the others I believe. I run a d spring on my 92a1 with factory recoil spring with no issues.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Not saying it can't be done, but it's undersprung.  Looking for feedback from those that have run a heavier spring.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not saying it can't be done, but it's undersprung.  Looking for feedback from those that have run a heavier spring.
View Quote

Using the d spring doesn't make a need for a heavier recoil spring unless your shooting all high power ammo +p or +p+ or its worn out and needs replacement. If you feel your slide is battering the frame then by all means just use a heavier one, but the reduced drag from the hammer riding the slide is so minimal it's a non issue. The 92d is a dao and had the lighter spring from factory without a heavier recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I run a 15 or 16lb spring in mine, I can't remember which. Flawless running.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ive done both. I dont think it matters
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:37:10 AM EDT
[#7]
On my 92FS pistols, I use the gold colored factory recoil springs. They seem to be a little heavier than the standard springs I have used. However, on my 96FS, I use a 15 lb. recoil spring with the D hammer spring. No problems running them this way for years.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I am running an 18lb recoil spring from Wolff with a Wolff 16lb hammer spring aka "D-Spring". The gun shoots more to my liking now with a heavy recoil spring. Only downside is she doesn't like ammo under 115gr. I tried to shoot some 98gr frangible rounds and it wouldn't reliably cycle the rounds.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replys.  Rain screwed me out of shooting, again, so I've yet to shoot my new to me 92 and test springs.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, it's NOT undersprung.  Just contacted Beretta about the D spring mod. Factory EVERY SPRING is good with D spring mod!  Both D & F spring models are exact same, spring wise, quote Beretta nevermore!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
This has been talked about at length at the Beretta Forum. People do all sorts of things on this issue - but the factory spring is fine.

I have owned like 28 different 92 variants over the years. I have had a D spring in every one of them, and I have always stuck with the stock weight on the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No, it's NOT undersprung.  Just contacted Beretta about the D spring mod. Factory EVERY SPRING is good with D spring mod!  Both D & F spring models are exact same, spring wise, quote Beretta nevermore!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're certainly entitled to you opinion.  What did you expect the factory to say?  Ofcourse they're gonna say stick with stock and don't tinker with it.  Stock is the lowest common denominator, to hit a price point, and always leaves room for improvement.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're certainly entitled to you opinion.  What did you expect the factory to say?  Ofcourse they're gonna say stick with stock and don't tinker with it.  Stock is the lowest common denominator, to hit a price point, and always leaves room for improvement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not opinion, it's fact. However if YOU Feel like its undersprung then your fine changing it to a stiffer spring and dealing with potential problems that can create, but don't try and tell people they need it
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's not opinion, it's fact. However if YOU Feel like its undersprung then your fine changing it to a stiffer spring and dealing with potential problems that can create, but don't try and tell people they need it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus christ I never said people need it.   I asked for people that have actual experience with it not people that get butthurt over aftermarket parts.  

You should also check the dictionary on definitions of opinion and fact 13'er.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#15]
OP request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top