Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 10:31:13 PM EDT
Hey everyone, Birthday is in a few weeks and a new handgun is on the list. I'm looking at a 92A1 that Academy Sports has, this will be my first Beretta handgun. Will I be happy?

I currently have a Wather PPQ and CCP, both in 9mm. I also have an EAA Witness in 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You will love it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:26:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive owned several variants of the 92 series. The only one I still have is a 92a1. It's almost a perfect pistol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone, it will be added to the stable :-)

I forgot to mention that I do own an ARX 100, my first venture into Beretta firearms.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I really love my 92A1. I was a little iffy about it but I had promised myself I'd buy a beretta if the dumped the factory in MD. I've since learned to love it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I recommend getting one of these, congratulations on the new Beretta.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Everyone needs a 92 in their collection!  

Agree- get that D spring and enjoy.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#8]
The 92a1 is a great gun but be aware that there's not a lot of holster options for it .
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Why this upgrade? Just curious.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It lightens the D/A trigger pull from the factory 12lbs down to 8 1/2 to 9 lbs .
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the best pistols out there in my opinion. Operation is smooth and recoil is nil. It will be the last pistol I ever part with.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It lightens the D/A trigger pull from the factory 12lbs down to 8 1/2 to 9 lbs .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Skip the D spring and get a 14 lb from Wilson Combat.  Lightens it even more than the D and has been proven by several on the Beretta forum over several thousand rounds of differing ammo and no light strikes.  The D spring is ok, the 14 lb Wilson is more Better..  I am running this in all 3 of my guns and have never had a light strike even with steel cased ammo or CCI primers.

The D is supposed be be somewhere between 16-18 lbs.  Stock is 20 lbs.  

Wilson Combat
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:01:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I personally still prefer the factory D spring. Just my opinion.

I've had one in all of the twenty eight 92 variants I have owned over the years, I haven't wanted to go any lighter.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I personally still prefer the factory D spring.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I personally still prefer the factory D spring.

Have you tried the Wilson?  I tried the D and the 16, 14, and 13 in Wilson.  Decided on the 14.  It is GREAT...!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Skip the D spring and get a 14 lb from Wilson Combat.  Lightens it even more than the D and has been proven by several on the Beretta forum over several thousand rounds of differing ammo and no light strikes.  The D spring is ok, the 14 lb Wilson is more Better..  I am running this in all 3 of my guns and have never had a light strike even with steel cased ammo or CCI primers.

Wilson Combat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilson Combat

I had light primer strikes with European ammo in my Wilson Combat modified 92A1. I'm not alone there either. So if you plan to use it for carry or home defense, I'd stick with the D spring. I've had 100% function since going to that. The difference in pull between the 2 isn't much either.

And a pic, just because.

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had light primer strikes with European ammo in my Wilson Combat modified 92A1. I'm not alone there either. So if you plan to use it for carry or home defense, I'd stick with the D spring. I've had 100% function since going to that. The difference in pull between the 2 isn't much either.

And a pic, just because.

http://s33.postimg.org/oblwntbxb/image.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilson Combat

And a pic, just because.

http://s33.postimg.org/oblwntbxb/image.jpg

What weight spring did they use in yours?  I'm up to 3K in one gun with the 14lb and no malfunctions.  Several on the Beretta forum are way ahead of me with lighter springs and no issues.  The European ammo you speak of, what was it?  Specifically for sub-guns?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I got the 92A1 as my first handgun.  Yes, you will be happy.

Never jammed with me.  Stove-piped 3 times with my GF shooting because she was limp-wrist'ing it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Surprisingly attractive with wood grips

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Surprisingly attractive with wood grips

http://i57.tinypic.com/2lnae0w.jpg
View Quote

That's really nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top