Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2016 9:32:09 AM EDT
I know very little about Beretta pistols, but I seem to recall reading that the barrel is fixed and they don't require a a Neilson device for suppressor mounting.  I've seen the Wilson guns, and none have the "extended" barrel for threading.  

Suggestions, comments welcome.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Get the M9A3, if ya wanna go that route. I have the WIlson and the M9A3. I like the M9A3 better, personally. And, it's cheaper, and comes with the threaded barrel you want already.

You are correct - the Wilson barrel is too short to get threaded yourself.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Barrel is not fixed like a 22 or subgun. It unlocks. Something like that.

Some suppressors are made to work with the Beretta barrel without a piston/lid/n/blahblah.
Most suppressors come with one. Mine works fine with two different suppressors with nielsen devices.
I have not tried it without one. I have a fixed space adapter but I only use it on my AR9.  If the can is too heavy it might not cycle without a lid. Or you can use a lighter recoil spring. If I remember I will try my Gemtech Tundra on my Beretta with the fixed spacer instead of the lid.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The Beretta 92 uses the Walther P38 style locking system. The barrel still moves back and forth and locks via a locking block underneath the barrel. The barrel doesn't tilt up like a traditional Browning style locking system. You can run a suppressor without a booster on a Beretta if the suppressor is light enough and you may still have to play with the recoil springs to get it to run right. I still run a booster on my Beretta 92, runs like a champ. Yeah you'd have to buy a new threaded barrel for the Wilson Beretta 92.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top