Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2016 2:40:36 PM EDT
I have a model 71 that's a fun little suppressed .22lr plinker. I've been wanting to freshen it up a bit with some new springs for the firing pin and extractor but I can't find any. I looked at numrich and about every other place I could find using the googles and no one seems to have anything.

Am I SOL on replacement parts for this? Are there any other 70 series pistols that use the same springs or other parts?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Wolff claims to make springs that are no longer in production. I would give them a shout.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
The beretta 22's of old were sturdy built guns and if you're is functioning well do not replace anything!
If you want to find and stock up on some spares for the long haul that makes sense ( they will only get harder to find as time goes on)
But replacing parts based on age alone in a properly functioning gun is a fools errand!
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The beretta 22's of old were sturdy built guns and if you're is functioning well do not replace anything!

If you want to find and stock up on some spares for the long haul that makes sense ( they will only get harder to find as time goes on)

But replacing parts based on age alone in a properly functioning gun is a fools errand!
View Quote
I was having some issues with the firing pin and a couple other things that might be spring related. This was one of the century models so there's no telling how worn it really is. Fun to shoot though. I'm going to do a more detailed take down and ensure there's nothing gunked up and give it a more thorough cleaning and lubrication then the normal field-strip i've done a couple times since I got it.

As an aside I heard back from Wolff and they don't have springs specifically for that. However the tech said if I provide dimensions they can search their database and see if they have anything equivalent.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Try here as I have had luck finding parts.  It is about the most antiquated ordering system I have dealt with in 20 years but I was able to get spare parts for mine in less than a week:
http://www.gun-parts.com/beretta/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top