Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2016 1:09:40 AM EDT
So. What's the deal with these high priced beretta 92's?
Are they worth the price tag?

Anyone have one ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Had one. Very nice guns with lots of features. Very well fit. The guns are produced by Beretta to Wilson specs using some Wilson parts (sights, guide rod, grips). They also use all metal controls unlike normal production 92s. And they only seem expensive when compared to other 92 series guns. When compared to current SIG offerings (their most natural competitor) they're actually priced pretty well.

All that being said, I actually prefer the feature set on the new M9A3.
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a WC 92G BrigTac. Is it worth it? Yeah, I personally think it is but then again I shoot 5 days a week at work. No way am I going to CCW it, too big and too heavy, but damn is it a smooth shooting pistol. The trigger is pretty nice as is, mine didn't come with the action job.

Link Posted: 3/16/2016 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple. They're damn fine guns. WC spec'd some nice features. And Beretta made and put together a damn fine gun. Are they worth the price....maybe. I do think they're a bit overpriced. But I don't regret buying them. I carry one every day. :) Not too big or heavy for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]
WC Berettas are pretty awesome. Both the functional and cosmetic changes make them look and perform nicer than a stock 92.
Think of it as a Mustang vs. Saleen - they started as the same thing, but all the visual and performance upgrades make one a lot better.

Their Brigadier is only ~600 above street price, and it's a good price for all the custom work that went into it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one with the action tune.  I've only put a little over 100 rounds through it, but so far I'm totally in love with it.  The trigger is outstanding.  I'll be on vacation for a few days in a couple weeks and will put quite a few more rounds down range, so I'll be able to say more then.  In the mean time, I'm going to order the compact so that I can carry it occasionally.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the ultimate action tune kit you can buy from WC the same thing? I'm sure it's easy enough to do without the hassle of sending your gun back to WC.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes I think the Beretta/Wilson Brigadier Tactical is worth it.  I love mine that I use for 3 gun/USPSA competition.  I think once the M9A3 G models come out in black, and if you can find them for under $900, that might be the better deal though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they're worth it if you want the most durable and reliable aluminum framed DA/SA with dovetailed sights.  The only real competitor they have is Sig and IMO, they're equal but different.  

I really think the Beretta my be a higher quality gun than a Sig, but the Sigs ain't no slouch either.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I picked one up a little over a month ago. I have somewhere between 1200-1500 rounds through it so far. To me it is definitely worth it. The action is very smooth, the fit is very tight, and I'm a big fan of the G-conversion. As soon as my holster gets here from JM Custom, I am going to sell the VP9 I am currently carrying. I will pick up another Brig Tac so I have one to abuse in training and a nicer one to carry.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Allow me to be the voice of dissent.

Take a "G" model 92, swap out the recoil, mainspring & trigger return spring & I doubt you'd tell any difference in the trigger feel. Add some VZ-style grips & you're good to go, IMO. In fact, this is exactly what I did to mine.

Now, IF Wilson swapped in one of their barrels, then you might have something there.

My .o2
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take a "G" model 92, swap out the recoil, mainspring & trigger return spring & I doubt you'd tell any difference in the trigger feel. Add some VZ-style grips & you're good to go, IMO. In fact, this is exactly what I did to mine.

Now, IF Wilson swapped in one of their barrels, then you might have something there.

My .o2
View Quote

Got a link to a new 92G with rail for sale?  No?  So you need to add the cost of the G conversion as well. Narrows the value gap considerably....
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Was the 6 month wait and $1800 price tag worth it? Yes.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Got a link to a new 92G with rail for sale?  No?  So you need to add the cost of the G conversion as well. Narrows the value gap considerably....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .o2

I got my 92g for under 600. new production, no rail
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]
You can always buy a M9A1 and a 92G and swap slides. Then sell the other as an 92FS. Bam, poor mans 92GSD.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#17]
For me, the compact was worth it. I gave up the rail but gained the g configuration, steel parts, grips, barrel, and rear sight. I would really prefer a dovetailed front sight, but it appears beretta isn't too concerned abotu doing that. I might have been able to come close on price buying and modifying a compact, but they were scarce on the used market and once you looked at the costs associated with doing everything the WC compact already has it would've been the same cost or more and more of a hassle.

If I was going to get a fullsize the question gets more difficult. 92a1s seem available used for under $600, so do that, get a g conversion and change the parts and you are probably well under a brig tac. when M9A3 Gs are available the pendulum shifts more in favor of them than anything else, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:42:31 AM EDT
[#18]
No it's not.  I would get the A3G when they come out and price comes down.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#19]
When Legion sigs are going for 1200 I have no problem putting my money down on a wilson beretta. It truly is a awesome gun one of the best I have had the pleasure to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder how a Cajun Gun Works CZ compares.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wonder how a Cajun Gun Works CZ compares.
View Quote

I hope to find out next year.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I was happy to pay the price for one of their 92G Brigs before I even got my hands on it; after I received it and shot it, I was ecstatic. I believe its the best alloy-framed pistol you can buy right now.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was happy to pay the price for one of their 92G Brigs before I even got my hands on it; after I received it and shot it, I was ecstatic. I believe its the best alloy-framed pistol you can buy right now.
View Quote

I couldn't agree more - in fact, after running 1000 rounds through my WC92G - with trigger job, I sent my 92FS for Wilson's full custom work up (I spent about $1300 shipped back to me).   Both guns are sweet but very different from one another.  One can definitely feel the difference between the two.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I couldn't agree more - in fact, after running 1000 rounds through my WC92G - with trigger job, I sent my 92FS for Wilson's full custom work up (I spent about $1300 shipped back to me).   Both guns are sweet but very different from one another.  One can definitely feel the difference between the two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wondering what the differences are and your subjective thoughts on both. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Just wondering what the differences are and your subjective thoughts on both. Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry for the late reply -

The 92G is heavier because of the thicker slide and rail on the frame.  The G decocker only is much better than the decocker/safe on the 92FS.  I also like the tritium front and black rear combo that comes standard from WC.  I don't know what the stock 92G trigger felt like but since I was spending top dollar for the WC92G, why not throw in the trigger job upgrade (I think the only other option was the mag guide plug).  The 92G trigger/action was superior in every way over the stock 92 FS that was in my safe.  In double action only, the trigger pull remains constant all the way to the break.  There is no creep, lag, or anything.  It's just a long smooth trigger pull.  The single action has a bit of take up and then crisp let off (not true single action creep ala 1911 but close).  The big gun feel good in the hand, either single handed or two handed presentation.  It comes up and points naturally.

The WC customized 92 FS is perceptibly lighter than the 92G and feels fatter with the standard WC/VZ grips G-10 stocks, than the 92G.  In fact, I ordered the thinner grips from WC for my customized 92FS.  I had them install a fiber optic rod on the stock front sight since the FS has the integral front sight not the dovetailed one the 92G wears.  The rear is WC black combat sight.  
I also had them change the de-cocker lever from ambi to strong side only with a smaller lever.
The action on the 92FS is almost identical to the 92G.  Double action is smooth, long and consistent; single action has some take-up with a crisp let up.  Part of the custom package was checking the front strap and rear frame like the 92G. They also rounded the trigger guard like the 92 variant.  I never liked the squared off FS trigger guard very much to begin with. I also had WC cut and crown the barrel down so it was flush with the end of the slide.
The only negative and it's a small one, is WC finish isn't as nice as Beretta's.  They refinished the 92FS with their proprietary finish and while it looks long lasting and all that, it's matt.  Again, just a small personal thing.  The 92G looks more like a blued gun.
Both Berettas are fun to shoot and fairly accurate in my hands.

Here is a side by side photo of the two Berettas;

The 92G

and

92FS customized-

and

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Very interesting. Thank you for the detailed response and photos. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:55:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Sorry for the late reply -

The 92G is heavier because of the thicker slide and rail on the frame.  The G decocker only is much better than the decocker/safe on the 92FS.  I also like the tritium front and black rear combo that comes standard from WC.  I don't know what the stock 92G trigger felt like but since I was spending top dollar for the WC92G, why not throw in the trigger job upgrade (I think the only other option was the mag guide plug).  The 92G trigger/action was superior in every way over the stock 92 FS that was in my safe.  In double action only, the trigger pull remains constant all the way to the break.  There is no creep, lag, or anything.  It's just a long smooth trigger pull.  The single action has a bit of take up and then crisp let off (not true single action creep ala 1911 but close).  The big gun feel good in the hand, either single handed or two handed presentation.  It comes up and points naturally.

The WC customized 92 FS is perceptibly lighter than the 92G and feels fatter with the standard WC/VZ grips G-10 stocks, than the 92G.  In fact, I ordered the thinner grips from WC for my customized 92FS.  I had them install a fiber optic rod on the stock front sight since the FS has the integral front sight not the dovetailed one the 92G wears.  The rear is WC black combat sight.  
I also had them change the de-cocker lever from ambi to strong side only with a smaller lever.
The action on the 92FS is almost identical to the 92G.  Double action is smooth, long and consistent; single action has some take-up with a crisp let up.  Part of the custom package was checking the front strap and rear frame like the 92G. They also rounded the trigger guard like the 92 variant.  I never liked the squared off FS trigger guard very much to begin with. I also had WC cut and crown the barrel down so it was flush with the end of the slide.
The only negative and it's a small one, is WC finish isn't as nice as Beretta's.  They refinished the 92FS with their proprietary finish and while it looks long lasting and all that, it's matt.  Again, just a small personal thing.  The 92G looks more like a blued gun.
Both Berettas are fun to shoot and fairly accurate in my hands.

>>>>> Thanks for sharing - Do the WC thinner grips make any difference?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top