Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2016 6:52:54 PM EDT
In the next week or two I'm planning on sending my 92a1 to wilson to up the neato factor. Been spending too much time looking over the work order form and find myself checking a lot more boxes than the wife unit would like. I'm comfortable changing out guide rods, safety/decocker, grips and hammer so I'm guessing the A1 package may not be for me. I do want checkering, magwell beveling, sights (changed the rear on my fs but don't wanna mess with the rounded front of the A1). Also a G conversion. Having cuts in the frame means it'll need refinishing. I'm ok with that. Is it worth dropping $100 to refinish the slide? Will it provide any more protection than factory finish or will it just match the rest of the gun?
  Also am I foolish for not having Wilson set it up the way I ultimately want it to be right off the bat? Save a couple bucks now to pay it later. The credit card whispers in my ear "do it" but, hell, even the two dogs say "she'll kill you."
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy once, cry/die once, IMO............  

Just about any aftermarket finish would give better protection than almost any OEM finish, IMO. Finish seems to be an area where mfgr's try to pinch pennies, IMO.

Personally, *I* would opt for a Np3.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
well well well, I was just working on a video coverng this same topic baseed on my experience with Wilson.  I will be updating this very soon..........

IMG_8007
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
That's essentially what I'm looking to do.  Just trying to figure justifiable wants vs going for the whole shebang.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How much can you afford to pay and not regret it later?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Right now my max is seven. Trying to dump a Glock to add to the kitty. Regardless there will be tears until it's back in my hand.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Just get the whole package. At 770 is just a little past your budget. Save for a few more weeks and go for it. It includes complete refinishing and everything. I did the idpa package on a M9A1.  I also have a Brig Tac with action tune. You won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Might as well add a mag guide, too. They are sweet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get the whole package. At 770 is just a little past your budget. Save for a few more weeks and go for it. It includes complete refinishing and everything. I did the idpa package on a M9A1.  I also have a Brig Tac with action tune. You won't be sorry.
View Quote

It will work out to be $840 or more with shipping both ways, plus I'm sure they charge extra to convert to the G decocker setup.  If you want a target crown barrel add $60, and if you want an elite hammer add another $45....  BAM $950 in a blink of an eye!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Wayne. You should know I scare easily. Anyone know if they put the leo/mil discount towards the parts includes in the package (sights, mag rel, guide rod, safety lever)? I'm going to email them in the AM. If opting for the package and G conversion it would essentially be purchasing the lever twice. Gonna see if theres a reduced price if getting both done at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not sell your pistol and buy a Wilson Combat Beretta?  I just picked up a 92 G Wilson Combat Beretta Compact and so far I love it.  I bought the full sized WC D model when they first came out and it didn't trip my trigger.  The Compact is totally different.

I did add the action job and I might send the full size in for some tweaking.

With my military discount I paid $1100 including the action job.

That isn't too much more than you're looking at.

FWIW.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
When the G conversion hits market for the m9a3, would it not work in your gun?
I not sure but I think it would.  It might be cheaper to do that.
good luck
keep us posted
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#12]
As promised [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRYpPDl8Yik[/youtube]
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Have to be a paying member to embed...

But I've got your six.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up the 92G Compact, very nice gun. I plan to switch to the short reach trigger, ultra thin grips, single sided decocker, and play around with their action tune kit. As is, the da/sa pull are quite nice, just want to see what their trigger bar can do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

But I've got your six.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But I've got your six.

Thanks, really need to upgrade my account!!  It's been way to long........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top