Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/19/2016 8:10:13 PM EDT
So, I was sitting here watching a Sootch00 video and his 92FS that he put some WC parts on. Now I want to do the same to my FS. I noticed one of the parts that I'd like to get is out of stock. This may seem like a dumb question but does anyone know on average how long it takes for them to get parts back in stock?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What part are you trying to get?

Ordering from wilson Combat direct takes FOREVER!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Items I'm looking at ordering are:

Guide Rod
Short reach trigger
16# hammer spring
Low profile safety/decocker
Mag release (not sure which one yet)
Reduced power trigger conversion spring (this is the part that's backordered)

Red is the one that I'm wondering about.

Is their shipping that bad? Is there another place I can order them from?
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Idk man, you could probably live without the Wolff spring. Order one of their Magwell guides instead and call it a day.

Link Posted: 2/19/2016 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I order parts from them it usually take about 3 days before I get it, which is better than Midway does, and a hell of a lot better than Brownells.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered most all of the parts that Sootch used today from WC and they shipped already, except the Safety/decocker which is backordered but should ship within the month I was told. Can't wait to get them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered most all of the parts that Sootch used today from WC and they shipped already, except the Safety/decocker which is backordered but should ship within the month I was told. Can't wait to get them.
View Quote

So you ordered the out of stock parts too?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#7]
One part backordered, but I know they will ship it once it comes in, they said less than 1 month. No worries I trust them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, then I'll order them too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see the point to spiral-fluting a guide rod, other than aesthetics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't see the point to spiral-fluting a guide rod, other than aesthetics.
View Quote

Neither do I. I'm not buying it because it's spiral fluted. I'm buying it because it's steel and I have a polymer one in my Italian 92FS.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought it for both reason's
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought it for both reason's
View Quote

Because its metal and fluted?

What difference could fluting make? Originally I was just going to order the Beretta metal parts kit but then I saw Sootch00's video and really liked that trigger he installed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The fluting will make the guide rod lighter (not much on such a small part) and it is supposed to help the guide rod not trap dirt and other crap. I also ordered the Skeletonize hammer and allen wrench grip screws from Beretta. I just want no plastic parts on this gun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
That is the argument for the grooves in the polymer factory guiderod. Less likely for sand and particles to get trapped. Same argument can be made for the fluting on the Wilson guiderod too, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds crazy but check amozon, I have found them there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
So far I've ordered everything except for the safety.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:16:35 PM EDT
[#17]
My stuff shipped and is scheduled to be here tomorrow from Wilson, and the hammer and screws from Beretta show delivery on Wed. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#18]
They haven't even charged my credit card yet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Got everything today except the backordered piece from wilson,everything went in easy took 35 minutes. The hammer from Beretta shows it will be here tomorrow, then it's off to the range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Wilson finally charged my card, well minus the trigger spring. Hopefully it'll be shipped soon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I got my Beretta Skeletonize Elite II hammer today and installed it. So far everything I received is installed and function checks fine. I put the 16# wilson spring in the hammer. Hope you get your parts soon Tallest. They are really easy to install. I am just waiting for the Safety/decocker to come from Wilson when the backorder comes in.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I purchased a metal guide rod also..
once I got the barrel threaded and put a suppressor on, I swapped back to the plastic to help lower the weight of the pistol.
there is ZERO mechanical improvement from a steel guide rod.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#23]
They still haven't shipped anything out. Still says, "In Process".
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#24]
For my Beretta Elite II skeletonized hammer today. Which was ordered a week after the Wilson parts and Wilson still has not shipped.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Call them, I usually make my orders from them over the phone because I get a Military Discount. They have really helpful Customer service.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Call them, I usually make my orders from them over the phone because I get a Military Discount. They have really helpful Customer service.
View Quote

I know why it hasn't shipped yet. It's because one of the parts are backordered so they are holding the whole order until the backordered part comes in. I'm not in a rush so I'll just wait for it all to ship.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
OK, that makes sense, they asked me if I wanted to do that but I went ahead and said ship what they had because it was all frame work. I am waiting on the decocker still, they are saying 3 more weeks. I ordered some stuff for my 1911 yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#28]
My Safety/Decocker shipped today, so hopefully that will arrive soon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Got my Safety yesterday, installed it this morning. Wow, went and shot the gun this morning with all the new parts and it is Great. The difference s night and day. Everything functions well and the gun is so smooth. Tallest you will not be disappointed when you get your stuff.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Got my Safety yesterday, installed it this morning. Wow, went and shot the gun this morning with all the new parts and it is Great. The difference s night and day. Everything functions well and the gun is so smooth. Tallest you will not be disappointed when you get your stuff.
View Quote

Awesome nice to hear. I'm hoping they ship my stuff soon.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Ended up emailing Wilson and asking when the out of stock parts were expected in stock and when it would ship. They had no information as to when the trigger spring was going to come in so they shipped everything else. Should have most of it in a few days minus the trigger spring.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Great, can't wait to see what your opinion is.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Isn't that the wolff tcu part? Its been backordered for months now from wolff.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Isn't that the wolff tcu part? Its been backordered for months now from wolff.
View Quote

Yes, it is.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I tried that Wolf trigger spring years ago - I took it off almost immediately.

I had a D spring installed already. The regular strength Wollf spring increased the trigger weight to pre-D spring installation, WHILE the D spring was still in it. It put more tension than the factory spring onto the trigger.

There is a reduced power version - but many people find that it returns the trigger into place rather weakly, or it is stagey.

There also seems to be some variation in results for some people. I am not sure if that is due to frame tolerances, or differences in some specimens of the Wollf springs.

I gave up on those and sold the one I have. I just use the factory spring. The factory spring is made of thicker coils than itw as way back in the 1980s. But, I stll just change it out every 5k, which is the recommended change out interval. Granted, I think that was based off the original springs in the 1980s. So, the current ones will likely go much longer. Many people never change theirs out. But, it's not a big deal to periodically change. if you do it every 5k, it will never break on ya
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I tried that Wolf trigger spring years ago - I took it off almost immediately.

I had a D spring installed already. The regular strength Wollf spring increased the trigger weight to pre-D spring installation, WHILE the D spring was still in it. It put more tension than the factory spring onto the trigger.

There is a reduced power version - but many people find that it returns the trigger into place rather weakly, or it is stagey.

There also seems to be some variation in results for some people. I am not sure if that is due to frame tolerances, or differences in some specimens of the Wollf springs.

I gave up on those and sold the one I have. I just use the factory spring. The factory spring is made of thicker coils than itw as way back in the 1980s. But, I stll just change it out every 5k, which is the recommended change out interval. Granted, I think that was based off the original springs in the 1980s. So, the current ones will likely go much longer. Many people never change theirs out. But, it's not a big deal to periodically change. if you do it every 5k, it will never break on ya
View Quote

I was gonna go with that piece as well but have read of it making the trigger gritty and awful in some pistols and that beretta uses a better thicker spring now. Just stock up on some extras and change them out. Its not like its an hk where it takes you anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour to change it out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#37]
In case anyone is interested Brownell's actually has the Wolf Reduced Power Trigger Spring in stock. I ordered one from Wilson even though its showing out of stock. I also ordered one from Brownell's on a whim because it said, "In Stock".

On a related note I should have most of my parts on Wednesday. The mag release will be here on Thursday and the trigger spring from Brownell's will be here next week.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Great
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Parts started rolling in. Wilson makes some nice parts. I put the guide rid in; in going to wait until the reduced power trigger spring from Brownell's comes in before I install the short reach trigger.
Link Posted: 3/16/2016 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]
They definitely are great parts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Before I had to sell my M9A1, I had a bunch of Wilson stuff on it.

For me, my next Beretta will get...

Wilson Rear sight

Wilson slim Safety

Beretta Oversized mag release

Wilson magwell

VZ grips

"D" spring

That alone made the pistol so much better
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wilson Rear sight
Wilson slim Safety
Wilson magwell
VZ grips
"D" spring

View Quote

So far I have either ordered or have:

Beretta Adjustable Rear Sight (Installed)
Wilson Low ProfileSafety (Ordered)
WIlson Over Size Mag Release (Ordered)
Wilson Magwell (Still Backordered)
VZ Grips (Ordered)
Wilson 16# "D" Spring (Have; Not Installed)
Wilson Reduced Weight Trigger Spring (Ordered)
Wilson Guide Rod (Installed)
Wilson Short Reach Trigger (Have; Not Installed)

I'm waiting on installing everything until I have all the parts. I'm also thinking of changing out the factory recoil spring but I'm on the fence with it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wilson Rear sight
Wilson slim Safety
Wilson magwell
VZ grips
"D" spring

View Quote

I wouldn't of sold it unless I had to. Sounds like a sweet pistol.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wilson Rear sight

Wilson slim Safety

Wilson magwell

VZ grips

"D" spring

It was, alas obamanomics have not been kind. I'll get another M9 sometime.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

VZ Grips (Ordered)

I'm waiting on installing everything until I have all the parts. I'm also thinking of changing out the factory recoil spring but I'm on the fence with it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wilson Rear sight

Wilson slim Safety

Wilson magwell

VZ grips

"D" spring

VZ Grips (Ordered)

The Wilson Mag release may not work with the VZ grips, I have seen some posts indicating having to relieve the grips a little. The Beretta one worked perfect.

I didn't care for the SRT but I have fairly large hands.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Wilson Mag release may not work with the VZ grips, I have seen some posts indicating having to relieve the grips a little. The Beretta one worked perfect.   I didn't care for the SRT but I have fairly large hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilson Rear sight
Wilson slim Safety
Wilson magwell
VZ grips
"D" spring

VZ Grips (Ordered)

The Wilson Mag release may not work with the VZ grips, I have seen some posts indicating having to relieve the grips a little. The Beretta one worked perfect.   I didn't care for the SRT but I have fairly large hands.

Good to know. If they don't have to be relieved too much I'll take them in a bit.

I got bored after work and decided to tinker about with it. I was curious to see how difficult it was to take apart since I've never taken it apart. I must've watched Mosin Virus's video about 100 times. It was surprisingly easier than I thought. I ended up installing what parts I had.

Before:
</a>" />

After:
</a>" />

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I installed VZ grips ( worked fine with WC mag release)
WC Short Reach Trigger
WC Single sided Safety
WC Fluted Steel Guide Rod
WC Duty Spring Kit (Chrome Silicone 16# Hammer 14# Recoil, Trigger Spring)
Beretta Elite 2 Hammer

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#48]
My oversize mag release and reduced trigger spring came in today. A little fitting on the trigger spring and it works great. First time I put it in it was tight and kept popping up every time I pulled the trigger. Putting that dammed mag release in was a pain. It took me a few minutes to get it in because I couldn't get it to go in, it kept flipping out. What a pain.

My safety should be here early next week and my grips should be here next week.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

My oversize mag release and reduced trigger spring came in today. A little fitting on the trigger spring and it works great. First time I put it in it was tight and kept popping up every time I pulled the trigger. Putting that dammed mag release in was a pain. It took me a few minutes to get it in because I couldn't get it to go in, it kept flipping out. What a pain.

My safety should be here early next week and my grips should be here next week.
View Quote

Mag release was difficult the first time, you just have to line everything up right. The safety was a pain in the ass the first time, I kept having the little springs fly out. There is a youtube video where someone placed the slide in the bag to help keep control of the springs. Worked great.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#50]
I did the plastic bag trick too. Those little parts can really fly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top