Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2016 7:27:07 PM EDT
Got my pico back from beretta after the spring upgrade. Couldn't be happier. Took about two weeks to get it done. Trigger is much better, and now it has a single recoil spring. And to top things off, I sent it in with no magazines and it came back with two. That's 64 dollars worth of mags. Beretta has pretty good customer service if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got my pico back from beretta after the spring upgrade. Couldn't be happier. Took about two weeks to get it done. Trigger is much better, and now it has a single recoil spring. And to top things off, I sent it in with no magazines and it came back with two. That's 64 dollars worth of mags. Beretta has pretty good customer service if you ask me.
View Quote

Doe's Beretta have a recall on the Pico's?
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Its not a recall, but you can check your serial number on there customer service website to see if it qualifies for the free fix.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. I am happy that I sent my Pico in for the upgrades. So glad I ditched the LCP for the Pico.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its not a recall, but you can check your serial number on there customer service website to see if it qualifies for the free fix.
View Quote

Do you have a link?  I've searched Beretta's Customer Service website, and my old eyes can NOT find anywhere to enter my serial number.

Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/php_pico/pico_serial_form.htm
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/php_pico/pico_serial_form.htm
View Quote

Thank you. Mine will be going back to Beretta.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I  sent mine in for the enhancement (they call it)  
and two weeks later they sent it back
with three new magazines and a new hard case.

The little sucker is a lot more useable now with the
recoil and trigger springs replaced. I know they ran
a few rounds through it to check function.

Its my first Beretta and I'm really happy with them!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I  sent mine in for the enhancement (they call it)  
and two weeks later they sent it back
with three new magazines and a new hard case.

The little sucker is a lot more useable now with the
recoil and trigger springs replaced. I know they ran
a few rounds through it to check function.

Its my first Beretta and I'm really happy with them!
View Quote

Was the new hard case serial numbered to the pistol by chance?
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep...
It is.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yep...
It is.
View Quote

Wow.... I hope mine comes back like that.        
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep...
It is.

Now I'm just hoping that mine comes back.... Beretta has had mine since 2-23-2016. The website states waiting on parts.

I called Beretta today and was told that they are in the process of moving to Tennessee and have to disassemble and reassemble their manufacturing equipment.

I was told that I just picked a bad time to send mine in.  Doesn't bode well with me on Beretta.    

EDIT: Anyone thinking about sending one in for repair. I would call them first.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn that really sucks!

I knew they were making a move and
I was hoping that it didn't interfere with
having the upgrade done in a timely manor.

I guess I was lucky... It took exactly two weeks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn that really sucks!

I knew they were making a move and
I was hoping that it didn't interfere with
having the upgrade done in a timely manor.

I guess I was lucky... It took exactly two weeks.
View Quote

I really wish that Beretta had either posted a warning advising Pico owners to hold off on returns or had tried to keep enough replacement parts on hand for the repairs.

I know hat they needed to move to a free state. But it kind of gives me sour feelings about Beretta's support.  

I'll probably sell it if  ever get it back.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:56:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Still waiting.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 6:59:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Hooray.... Five and a half weeks later I finally got my PICO back from Beretta.

The trigger pull is much better. But the slide is still hard to pull back. (probably because it's so short). Or I'm to weak.

I got it back in a new Serial numbered hard case with two new upgraded magazines.

The turn around time was slow due to the fact That Beretta is in the process of relocating.

But I'm a happy camper once again.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Just a heads up, Buds has the Pico on sale for $280. They're still doing the $50 rebate as well. I just ordered one, thought I'd pass this along to any other interested parties:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/90334/redirect
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:54:14 AM EDT
[#17]
how do you mail it?  Straight to them?  I have never mailed a pistol...
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I may be wrong, but I don't think that you can send it via the USPS.

I used FedEx 2nd day delivery and insured mine for $400 bucks.

It cost me $21.88.... Be sure to advise the shipper that it is a firearm.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't speak to the beretta upgrade, but I've sent pistols to Kahr, and Springfield. Both used FedEx as well
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I got suckered by UPS, and paid $ 58 to ship it.  Boy do I feel stupid after what I read...should have done my homework.  Their customer center (cannot ship a pistol from a UPS store) is also quite far from my home.  I must say I could not find any instructions on line on how to ship a pistol that included cost of each method, and the UPS and FEDEX websites were also unclear.   I suggest just calling them.

It was worth it though.  Beretta returned it in just over 2 weeks and it now has one recoil spring only, thicker seemingly than either of the old springs.  It is easier to operate and works fine, no reliability probs so far.  As mentioned above, I sent it with no mags and got it back with 2 new mags (upgraded?) and in a new padded plastic case.  Beretta answered my emails very quickly, gave me estimated dates for the gun to come back to me and overall treated me well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I just bought a Pico today, haven't shot it yet, but it seems like a sweet little pistol.

There is a sticker on the box that indicates it is upgraded, but when searching their site with the serial number it says that it is eligible for the upgrade.  Anyone have any insight to this?

I'll probably end up just calling Beretta and asking but was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar.  

Maybe if I send it in anyways I'll get the hard case and extra mags that y'all have been getting.

ETA:  Is there any way to physically verify if mine was upgraded?  I'm not sure if the upgrade entailed going to a single recoil spring or just a different two-spring setup.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:14:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just bought a Pico today, haven't shot it yet, but it seems like a sweet little pistol.

There is a sticker on the box that indicates it is upgraded, but when searching their site with the serial number it says that it is eligible for the upgrade.  Anyone have any insight to this?

I'll probably end up just calling Beretta and asking but was wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar.  

Maybe if I send it in anyways I'll get the hard case and extra mags that y'all have been getting.

ETA:  Is there any way to physically verify if mine was upgraded?  I'm not sure if the upgrade entailed going to a single recoil spring or just a different two-spring setup.
View Quote

I believe that the upgrade involved going to a single recoil spring and a trigger upgrade spring. But I would call Beretta to be sure. They can tell by the serial number if yours has been upgraded.

If you have to return it. Make sure that you return it with NO magazines. That will make sure that you get two new magazines in return.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:20:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I believe that the upgrade involved going to a single recoil spring and a trigger upgrade spring. But I would call Beretta to be sure. They can tell by the serial number if yours has been upgraded.

If you have to return it. Make sure that you return it with NO magazines. That will make sure that you get two new magazines in return.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll give Beretta a call and see what they say.

Does anyone have any holster recommendations?  I've looked around and don't see too many options or reviews.  

I was looking at the Nemesis for a pocket holster and either a Pro Stealth or Atom for IWB.  Also looking for some decent pocket and belt mag pouches.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I called Beretta this morning and got confirmation that my Pico was upgraded.

In case anyone else is in the same situation in the future, the presence of a single recoil spring (if purchased new in-box) indicates that the upgrade (including trigger spring) has been performed.

ETA: Clarification.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

In case anyone else is in the same situation in the future, the presence of a single recoil spring indicates that the upgrade (including trigger spring) has been performed.
View Quote

That my friend is  NOT  always true.  A lot of Pico owners were removing the inner spring prior to the Beretta upgrade program.

There are several YouTube videos suggesting that you remove the inner spring too lighten up the slide pull.

It's best to do as you did and call Beretta with the serial number and verify the status of your weapon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That my friend is  NOT  always true.  A lot of Pico owners were removing the inner spring prior to the Beretta upgrade program.

There are several YouTube videos suggesting that you remove the inner spring too lighten up the slide pull.

It's best to do as you did and call Beretta with the serial number and verify the status of your weapon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In case anyone else is in the same situation in the future, the presence of a single recoil spring indicates that the upgrade (including trigger spring) has been performed.

Copy, thanks.

I was referring to NIB condition and should have specified.  

Gonna go try it out this weekend and see how she feels.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Shot 100 rounds of Remington 95 gr through it on Saturday.  No malfunctions and the slide locked back on empty every time; function was flawless.

I struggled with accuracy, but attribute that to the fact that I haven't shot in a while and have never shot anything close to this small.  Seems like it will take some more practice.

This thing is tiny and conceals extremely well.  I'm definitely satisfied with the Pico.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top