Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2016 8:35:45 PM EDT
Any one got experience with the Tomcat?  Reliability? Longevity? Shootability? Vague accuracy?

Worth buying??
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, wrong thread
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one and liked it but I'm a lefty and that left sided safety didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been on the lookout for the INOX version around here. I love the way they feel, nice and small with a little weight to them. If you get one OP, make sure that it's the next gen with the thicker slide as the first ones were known to crack frames. All of the INOX ones are the newer generation. The way to identify the thicker frame is that they have a small cutout on the right side of the slide to help with ejection, instead of the straight thinner slide of the first gen. I can't wait to find one!
Have you felt one, OP? Why do you want one?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a .22LR 21A that points where I look and works perfectly, but breaks the nylon grips periodically.

My Ruger LCP .380 which I like a lot and works perfectly, points about 10' in front of my feet unless I break my wrists up.

Thought the .32acp might be interesting.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I also have the 21A.  I bought it as a stop-gap measure until I find my 3032.
It's a great little pistolwith wooden stocks. Maybe you should get some wooden ones because mine are pretty solid,  plus they look good. That's too bad about your Ruger. Is it off target because of a defect or your shooting technique? You should watch those YouTube videos on the Tomcat, everybody seems think they're pretty accurate.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#6]
No defect and no lack of technique.

Angle of grip strap web of hand and trigger guard tips LCP down as opposed to directly forward.

The 21A lines up where your finger points.

The LCP is a fine little gun to shoot, it just doesn't point well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a Tomcat i bought back in the ninety's I think.  I like the little gun.  I think some of the newer .380's are slimmer.  Shoot mostly hardball out of it but some Winchester Silvertips.  Cant recall any FTF's.  I like the tip up barrel.  Accurate enough for it's short barrel.

The only issue mine has is the trigger reset.  If you short stroke it, it will not fire.  You have to be sure to let the trigger all the way out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a like new one the other day and love it so far.  And 32 ACP is expensive though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top