Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 9:39:37 PM EDT
Damn it, alphabavo got me hooked having me shoot his

Man it was very smooth shooting which is odd because every M9 I've shot wasn't as smooth

Anyways, what's a good price going for one that is used these days?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
If it makes you happy and you can afford it then you aren't crazy to get one.

Don't forget to stock up on magazines .
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I went through the same thing when I handled my first beretta that didn't come complerely worn out, out of an arms room. They are nice guns. Joe just likes to complain.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a great gun.

The M9 will make you feel better about it because it doesn't have all that lawyer smegma smeared all over it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes!!  Yes you are!!  That is all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Dsgarms
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel the same way. Been trying to keep myself from buying an m9a1 for a very long time now. I feel like I should be at an AA-like meeting or something and say my name and then tell everyone that I just really love the m9a1. I am a Glock guy, but my 92 that I have now is clearly my second choice. I like it better than my HK, Sig, SA, etc.

...and why the lawyer bashing? We have feelings too!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:56:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the club

a nice used beretta in like new condition will be anywhere from 400-500 dollars. Special models like elite 2 or 92gsd will bring 8-1k or more sometimes depending on condition.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the club

a nice used beretta in like new condition will be anywhere from 400-500 dollars. Special models like elite 2 or 92gsd will bring 8-1k or more sometimes depending on condition.
View Quote
How many mags should I expect, and all factory and not the USGI crap, right?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to the club

I've seen guys sell them with 1 or like 10 just depends but usually 1 or 2. The good thing is beretta mags can usually be found pretty cheap used. I bought a bunch from some guys on beretta forum for 15$ each a year or so ago.  I only use factory beretta mags usually, but I have a couple mec gar 17 or 18 round which work fine too. If you're patient you can usually find a great deal on one but it might take a month
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#10]
M9 should shoot the same and I would get the m9 over the fs.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:37:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy something slightly funky i.e. a 92 Brigadier.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:46:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I went to the website to look at what a brigadier is. You now have my full attention
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, you are crazy, but that's not the reason why.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:43:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes, you are crazy, but that's not the reason why.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I went to the website to look at what a brigadier is. You now have my full attention
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks a little different now, but it's still the same gun at heart!

Basically the Brigadier slide is slightly thicker and is notable due to that funky hump in the middle of it.  I immediately ditched the stock wrap around grips as those things are not allowed in Bullseye shooting and they're uncomfortable for me.

Additionally you'll notice the adjustable sights I added myself and the hammer is also the Cylinder & Slide kit including a couple springs and the sear.  It made the trigger pull nice and light.  The last two things to add are a trigger shoe, and the KKM barrel whenever it gets here!

The trigger pictured is 3D printed and didn't work for me.  I think the hinge point just doesn't work for my hand size on this pistol.  I think if I were to move the face of it back a little it would make it better, but I'm done experimenting in that regard.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:35:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its a great gun.

The M9 will make you feel better about it because it doesn't have all that lawyer smegma smeared all over it.
View Quote

Recently the U.S. made M9's appear to be finished a little nicer than the Italian guns also.  I have a M9 and just recently ordered a 92A1 hoping it would turn out to be an Italian piece of art.  Unfortunately it wasn't.  It's a nice gun, but the finish is a lot thinner than on the M9.  It's not quite as tight and the trigger pull was heavier out of the box.  I think the attention to detail in the US plant is a little better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]
No, you are not crazy at all.

20 years ago my wife chose her first centerfire pistol.  This was during the assault weapons ban, so everything was limited to 10 rounds.  I pushed HARD for a Glock 17.  Nope.  After shooting a few the only pistol she would consider was the Beretta 92FS, with Hogue wraparounds.  Yes, that is a beast of a grip.  But damn the girl could shoot it.  Our "date" nights for a while were going to a local indoor range where she would give me a serious run with her Beretta, and me with my first-run Kimber.  And I was the competitive shooter, practicing as much as possible.

The 92FS is an easy gun to shoot well.  The one we have is very accurate, and has had one malfunction in many thousands of rounds - and that round was a blown case.  Were it not for the slide mounted safety/decocker, I would probably be competing in USPSA Production and 3-gun with one.  In fact, I've considered buying a G model and doing just that.

When I selected my current competition gun, a CZ75 Shadow, I took that old Beretta to the indoor range and shot it head-to-head against the Sig 226, Glock 17 and 34, S&W M&P, Springfield XD and CZ75.  The CZ was the only pistol that was equivalent in my hands from an accuracy perspective, and offered a couple of benefits (frame mounted safety, swappable front sight) that pushed me over the edge.  

DO IT!  There have been enough police forces (plus the us mil) using them that holsters will never be a problem.  There are scads of spare parts and mags are everywhere.  The only issue you may have is if you truly want a competition model, you've got to select carefully.  There are not as many folks offering aftermarket competition accessories for Berettas for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I picked up a Sikorsky Aircraft security 92FS trade-in not too long ago for 300 out the door The only thing bad on the gun was the holster wear, the internals looked like they were new and never fired. Love how buttery smooth the slide action is and this gun is the most accurate 9mm I own. The best part about this gun for me is it is considered a Pre-Ban and I am able to put a threaded barrel on it which will make it an ASSAULT WEAPON due to the new STUPID LAWS in my state. Counting the days for exodus out of this once known CONSTITUTION STATE !!!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, you are.

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Nah man. I have been drooling over them for a while. I just today came across a deal with an oddball 92fs (if I'm not mistaken it's not the original slide, could be wrong). I'm taking it in trade and I'm getting a good deal. Thing is, I have fired this 92 in particular and it shoots like a dream. I'm picking it up tomorrow and I think this is the single most excited I have been over a gun.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Recently the U.S. made M9's appear to be finished a little nicer than the Italian guns also.  I have a M9 and just recently ordered a 92A1 hoping it would turn out to be an Italian piece of art.  Unfortunately it wasn't.  It's a nice gun, but the finish is a lot thinner than on the M9.  It's not quite as tight and the trigger pull was heavier out of the box.  I think the attention to detail in the US plant is a little better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its a great gun.

CDNN has/had some 92a1's for $549 and I was tempted, but decided to just wait for an M9a3. Already have a 92fs that's a great italian piece.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Your crazy if you don't
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Get a few!

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Aren't you a cop, GSL? If you are check your local LEO gun shop, Beretta does rebates pretty often on the 92FS, M9, M9A1, and 92A1. Last year our local shop was blowing 92A1's out at about $550 plus tax and BG check.

I promised myself that I'd get a Beretta if Beretta Corporate told MD to fuck themselves during that last Gun Control push... Now I've got a 92A1 and I'm honestly falling in love with it. They shoot so smooth, look downright gorgeous, and honestly it's very reliable with proper mags. Still hate my work M9 though, it's a rattle trap POS.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Aren't you a cop, GSL? If you are check your local LEO gun shop, Beretta does rebates pretty often on the 92FS, M9, M9A1, and 92A1. Last year our local shop was blowing 92A1's out at about $550 plus tax and BG check.

I promised myself that I'd get a Beretta if Beretta Corporate told MD to fuck themselves during that last Gun Control push... Now I've got a 92A1 and I'm honestly falling in love with it. They shoot so smooth, look downright gorgeous, and honestly it's very reliable with proper mags. Still hate my work M9 though, it's a rattle trap POS.
View Quote

I always said I would buy a beretta after that and am glad I did. They are awesome. I'm wanting one with a rail now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Beretta actually does a "Blue Label" similar program like Glock.  You can check here for LEO prices at Quantico Tactical.  I have bought some from them and they are a Board vendor.  92FS models are $500.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Glad I could help cause the Beretta itch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glad I could help cause the Beretta itch.
View Quote
You bastard

Harleyfx69 got me to give the G20 another chance, and now you with the Beretta. Damn AZHTF, always helping each other spend the other guy's money for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top