Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2016 5:26:54 PM EDT
Just wanted to confirm that my M9A3 has a metal trigger.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't they all? The parts that people think are plastic, are really steel parts covered in polymer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
My buffer is polymer tho. I just heard from several people that said the new M9A3s have plastic parts. The only plastic I found so far is the buffer and lanyard loop
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't they all? The parts that people think are plastic, are really steel parts covered in polymer.
View Quote

Yep... when you blow a case head it is easy to tell where the steel is and the plastic ends... which leaves you with half a trigger!
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yep... when you blow a case head it is easy to tell where the steel is and the plastic ends... which leaves you with half a trigger!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol has that really happened?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Pics needed
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is correct. I have 6 different beretta's and they are all metal and some are coated in polymer. 92a1, 92fs, m9 and m9a3 all metal. I hate when people say they are plastic. The safety is polymer coated steel as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it comes with a metal trigger. In fact, the only polymer parts on the M9A3 are the guide rod and the lanyard loop.

The WIlson Brown has a metal trigger too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Nevermind wrong thread...
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics please
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#10]
So it has the same parts as the other Beretta pistols except the safety lever. Pretty much what I figured.

I want an A3 bad though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So a KB/OOB would just ignore the feed ramp and all the available exit area of the open top slide, and vent directly down, eh?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So it has the same parts as the other Beretta pistols except the safety lever. Pretty much what I figured.

I want an A3 bad though.
View Quote

The A3 has a steel trigger, mag release and safety levers whereas the standard Beretta offerings have polymer coated parts in these places. The Wilson Brig Tac is the only other current 92 series gun with these steel parts. Only the guide rod and lanyard loop/mainspring cap are polymer on the A3.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The A3 has a steel trigger, mag release and safety levers whereas the standard Beretta offerings have polymer coated parts in these places. The Wilson Brig Tac is the only other current 92 series gun with these steel parts. Only the guide rod and lanyard loop/mainspring cap are polymer on the A3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want an A3 bad though.

Ah, thanks. OP was vague with his findings.

So where can one find a metal lanyard loop by itself? When I finally get mine I'd like to swap that out and also put in a Wilson fluted guide rod.

Edit: this thing also comes with a D spring from the factory right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top