Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 8:43:24 PM EDT
Thinking of ordering one but I want to see a pic and hear some feedback.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one (ordered it from a guy on the Beretta Forum-RIC70506 who makes them) and if you get one, I highly recommend getting one of his. One reason is that he employs a steel insert/sleeve (pinned in) where the barrel/muzzle meets the comp which strengthens the comp and will give longer life. I am not saying it is best, but it is what I went with. I also believe he has a bunch on hand so there is no wait time, like from some other manufacturers. Something that is important to know is you might have to file/sand down some spots on the inside wings/tabs of the compensator due to the different widths of the Beretta 92 frames. I had to do this with mine. I never would have thought that would be an issue but learned that Beretta did not make one size width of frames. You can measure the width of your frame( the area where the tabs/wings of the comp. make contact with the front of the frame for stability) and he can size them for you. It is not hard to do and might be better doing it yourself as some times people screw up the measurement which can leave you with an improper fitting comp. which can cause you issues with your frame getting damaged. I looked around to find the best comp. and bought the one from RIC70506( look in the classified section and it will be at the top of the listings). He can make them for the 92 and 96, I believe and in black or plane matte finish for an Inox slide/pistol or two tone look. I have no affiliation with him but like his product.

Now, as far as if it is really needed, that is up to you. I don't notice any real difference with recoil compared when it is one or off. It looks cool and might be a little beneficial with follow up shots with the slight weight on the end of the slide, but it is a full size pistol and Beretta makes a solid gun that can handle the recoil/abuse.

Like I said, I bought one and really like it. I also added a few other items, mostly for looks-skeletonized hammer/trigger, grips, etc.. It is mostly for aesthetics, which is the beauty  having a gun. Like the ar-15, it is preference based, as you can customize what you want. Check into what you want and make the best decision on the info. out there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you post a pic, here or on the Beretta Forum with your pistol with the comp and skeletonized trigger?

How do you like the skeleton trigger?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
The comp. is mostly cosmetic but I definitely like it and it adds a little weight to the muzzle for faster shots. The skeletonized hammer is a nice feature and supposedly aids with faster cycling, but I don't know how much of that is fact or fiction. Send me an email and I will send you a pic of the pistol. For some reason the posting pic sites I have used in the past are wreaking havoc with my computer now. I also recommend putting a "D" spring in it as it makes a world of difference with the initial long double action pull. It is the same spring Beretta puts on their Elite pistols.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The comp. is mostly cosmetic
View Quote

This.

For the life of me, I don't understand using a comp on a standard 9mm load.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one every time I watch that movie  (Leon:  The Professional)

In a perfect world, I'd put one on Wilson Combat's Beretta.  Unfortunately I don't think it fits since they shortened the barrel.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top