Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:03:20 PM EDT
    [#5]
    I like that.
    Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:20:22 PM EDT
    [#6]
    Want
    Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:21:37 PM EDT
    [#7]
    wish the front sight was dovetailed or a night sight for the price.
    Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:39:24 PM EDT
    [#8]
    Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
    Quoted:
    View Quote

Yep . A carry gun needs night sights .
    Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:24:34 PM EDT
    [#9]
    i already have a Wilson Brig Tactical so I really don't need this, but..
    Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:59:59 PM EDT
    [#10]
    I don't need this. I don't need this. I don't need this. Will just keep telling myself that
    Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:18:01 AM EDT
    [#11]
    But...but...but Christmas presents are bought and wrapped!  
    Link Posted: 12/24/2015 3:16:08 AM EDT
    [#12]
    I'll pass on this one...0.25" off the height and 0.5" off the length?

Not terribly compact. Tempting nonetheless but at $1095...yikes.
    Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:37:29 AM EDT
    [#13]
    It should also have a third magazine for the price. And a be Centurion instead of a Compact...
    Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:48:36 PM EDT
    [#14]
    Quoted:

View Quote

Those are very salient points, no doubt. $1095 is also, I think, a lot of money for a "carry" pistol (YMMV).

I will say that although it is only very slightly smaller and marginally more concealable than a full size 92/M9 I do really like the looks of this gun, including the rounded trigger guard like a 92SB. Also, with the match grade barrel I would imagine this gun probably shoots better (depending on the shooter of course) than a full size 92 or M9A1 out of the box can with their longer barrels.

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 1:15:42 AM EDT
    [#15]
    Who's the wise guy posting this, I'm taking my kids Mac book back and get me one .
    Link Posted: 12/25/2015 2:32:16 AM EDT
    [#16]
    Quoted:

Those are very salient points, no doubt. $1095 is also, I think, a lot of money for a "carry" pistol (YMMV).
    View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Maybe my finances are different than some on here, but anything over $500 or so and I feel bad about carrying it.
    Link Posted: 12/25/2015 11:36:38 PM EDT
    [#17]
    Quoted:

Maybe my finances are different than some on here, but anything over $500 or so and I feel bad about carrying it.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

I can't speak to anyone else's finances on this board, but I think you and I are about on the same page with price.

To me something I try to ask myself is, if I buy this gun, and it gets stolen/lost/needs to be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer, etc. etc. would I be able to afford another one? In other words, is it easily replaceable? For me if the answer is "no", then I don't want (or need for that matter) the gun. Too much over 500 or 600 bucks for me would be very hard to replace these days and still keep up with personal financial commitments. That's just me.  
    Link Posted: 2/29/2016 5:01:45 PM EDT
    [#18]
    I just picked mine up from the FFL and came home and put 30 rounds of ammunition thru it.  It is an amazing pistol.  I also own the full size WC Beretta and this is a totality different pistol.  Just to be fair, I did spring for the action tune this time and it makes a difference.  I may send my full size back to Wilson to get it tuned.

As far as the cost...  I have no problem putting $1100 into a carry pistol.  The world has changed and I want the best, most accurate pistol possible on my hip if things go bad.  I'd much rather own this pistol than two Glocks or M&Ps.

As far as the difference in size... All you have to do is look at the difference between the Glock 17 and the 19 to realize that a fraction of an inch makes a difference.

I can carry the Compact AIWB comfortably but not the full size.

I've tried to shoot Glocks and M&P pistols as well as I do the Beretta, fact is I shot the Beretta much better.  I carried the M9 for half my career and then used it as a Department of the Army contractor for another 5 years.  I've fired tens of thousands of rounds thru this platform and found the only flaw to be the slide mounted safety.  The G Model and the M9A3 have fixed this critical flaw by replacing the safety with the decocker.

Buy once, cry once.  Besides if I take reasonably good care of it I can always get a good chunk of my money back.

It is a keeper.
    Link Posted: 2/29/2016 7:13:02 PM EDT
    [#19]
    I am extremely jealous. I just got my first 92fs (and first beretta, for that matter) and it's looking more and more like my next move will be for a WC. This compact is just.... so much yes all in one frame.
    Link Posted: 3/2/2016 9:53:40 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Quoted:
    View Quote

And add to it no mag well as it is. Hell, did Colt design this thing?????  
    Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:58:14 AM EDT
    [#21]
    Quoted:

This is a compact carry pistol.  In order to have enough "meat" to grind a dove tail you would need the thicker slide.  The rear sight is great with a large U shaped notch that allows a good sight picture with the stock front sight.

View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

This is a compact carry pistol.  In order to have enough "meat" to grind a dove tail you would need the thicker slide.  The rear sight is great with a large U shaped notch that allows a good sight picture with the stock front sight.

Again, I think Wilson Combat & Beretta made the right call.  The mag well is huge on this double stack pistol and the magazine narrows from a double stack to a single and a mag well would add totally unnecessary bulk and weight.

My only want: When I order a couple of the 18 round magazines for reloads I'll also order one of the single sided, low profile decocking levers.  This is definitely a want and not a need.

I really like this pistol.

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:52:28 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Quoted:

Again, I think Wilson Combat & Beretta made the right call.  The mag well is huge on this double stack pistol and the magazine narrows from a double stack to a single and a mag well would add totally unnecessary bulk and weight.

My only want: When I order a couple of the 18 round magazines for reloads I'll also order one of the single sided, low profile decocking levers.  This is definitely a want and not a need.

I really like this pistol.

View Quote

Depends on the mag well, IMO. They also could've used grip panels to make a mag well ala` Sig in their P-226 Tactical. Obviously if we all liked the same thing on the same gun, we'd have only one gun to choose from.  
    Link Posted: 3/6/2016 7:49:06 AM EDT
    [#23]
    It's a sweet shooter, but at the price point, should come with at least a front night sight, or dovetailed front sight.
    Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:57:31 PM EDT
    [#24]
    His and hers

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 10:17:51 PM EDT
    [#25]
    View Quote

Great looking pair! I'm probably going to order my compact tomorrow to go with the Brigadier Tactical.
    Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:22:23 AM EDT
    [#26]
    Quoted:

Great looking pair! I'm probably going to order my compact tomorrow to go with the Brigadier Tactical.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:

I'm so tempted, but damn if there doesn't seem to be an appreciable size difference in the two....
    Link Posted: 3/31/2016 12:19:30 AM EDT
    [#27]
    There is a huge size difference when you go to carry one.  The Wilson Combat Beretta Compact Carry is definitely the way to go.
    Link Posted: 3/31/2016 1:00:22 AM EDT
    [#28]
    Quoted:
    There is a huge size difference when you go to carry one.  The Wilson Combat Beretta Compact Carry is definitely the way to go.
    View Quote

My current carry is a full size M&P40 (IWB too), so my perspective might be a little different. But when I compared a Compact vs a full size 92, it seemed like less than 1/2" in length and height.
    Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:49:12 AM EDT
    [#29]
    View Quote

Nice set!  I was lucky enough to get a matching set too.  Very nice!
    Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:23:05 PM EDT
    [#30]
    Quoted:

My current carry is a full size M&P40 (IWB too), so my perspective might be a little different. But when I compared a Compact vs a full size 92, it seemed like less than 1/2" in length and height.
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

2.2 oz difference in weight between my 92fs and my m9a1 compact, with rail. 28.4 oz vs 30.65

The height is practically identicle between the compact and glock 19. The length is a little longer, maybe a 1/4" but I didnt actually measure it.
    Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:12:39 PM EDT
    [#31]
    I ordered one on April 8th and picked it up on the 21st.  I paid for the action tune and ordered
    their Paddle Pro holster as well.  As much as I love my 20+ year old 92FS, there is no comparison.  
    Extremely smooth action, beautiful double action trigger and shoots absolute point of aim.
    I can make one large ragged hole at 25 yards with 13 rounds.

BTW, Cabela's has factory Beretta factory 13 round Compact mags for $25 each, so I picked
    up two more.
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top