Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2015 6:45:47 PM EDT
I'm looking for feed back from those who own and/or have fired a good number of rounds from the Neos.

I've spoken with a couple of highly satisfied owners of them here locally but I'm looking for additional input to back this up.

I can snag up a used but in excellent condition 4.5" Neos in black with box, etc, for a sweet deal.  

Yeah or nay?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it. The range rental out our indoor range is the most popular rental and has been used and abused for well over a year and is still going strong. Only time it messed up was when someone crammed a Ruger MKII mag in it and it still fired the first 4 rounds
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Family loves ours, very reliable and eats everything that is put in the magazine.  The only drawbacks are the sights are pretty meh..... and the safety digs into the webbing of my hand, not a big deal as it is a plinker pistol and not a CCW.

I just had the barrel threaded for when my spectre II comes out of jail, so it can wear the can along with the other.22s
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!

I like that there's a couple of different length barrel options for these pistols, too.

Any particular .22 ammo they really shoot well with or seem not to like?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What has worked fine for me is CCI, Blazer, Federal bulk and Auto Match.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I picked the Beretta up this Friday and tore it down for cleaning, inspection and lubricating.  

If this pistol was even fired by the original owner, I'd be very surprised.  

Damn.. this little sucker is a breeze to take down, too.  It feels great in my hands.   The different length barrels that are available are another positive to this pistol.  

About the only gripe I have with it is the trigger.  It's a little tough.  I haven't had a chance to get her out to the range yet, but I'm itchin' to do so.  Between trying out the new, ( to me ) Beretta and a recently acquired NIB Springfield Armory 9mm EMP, I will have a bit of work to do for my next range trip.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I finally got a chance to run a couple of quick mags through the Neos.

It ran fine and didn't have a problem cycling any of the random .22 L/Rs I fed it.

The only issue I have with it, is that it's trigger pull is horrendous.  

Can these be cleaned up/polished/reduce the pull weight relatively easily or is this something for a gunsmith to tackle?

Any tips, advice, pointers, etc would be appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top