Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2015 7:38:26 PM EDT
Picked it up months ago and finally got around to shooting it. What are my options for upgrading the trigger; specifically, what are my options for shortening the trigger reset?

Quick words in regards to the range session... holy shit First time shooting a brand new Beretta after carrying worn-out ones doing base security for years. Also been shooting an M&P45 and XDS45 for years since I last shot a Beretta. I haven't shot anything less than a 45 in years... as much of a 45 guy as I am, I'll admit that I preferred shooting the 9 yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
specifically, what are my options for shortening the trigger reset?
View Quote

I don't think there are any.  Wilson offers a trigger with a shorter draw length, but that's the only one I know of.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think there are any.  Wilson offers a trigger with a shorter draw length, but that's the only one I know of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
specifically, what are my options for shortening the trigger reset?

Maybe I just need to get used to it. I shot it back to back with my M&P and AR, both which have very short resets.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
What many of us do to acquire better triggers: swap out the mainspring with a DAO mainspring from Wolff Gunsprings, replace the mousetrap trigger return spring with a reduced power captured spring unit from Wolff (IF the unit has a metal trigger & mousetrap spring!).

If you do those two things, then also replace recoil spring & up the poundage rating by 2-3lbs to compensate for a lighter mainspring. IOW, there's less resistance from the hammer being cocked with the new spring & this should be made up for on the recoil spring rating.

Personally, I also add a drop or two of oil on the hammer/sear engagement area. This will drop a 1/2 lb or so from the SA pull.

My .o2
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Bobcole mentioned it above. You don't need to necessarily replace other springs. Though if you're a little handy with gunsmithing. Not a terrible idea.

But just replacing the mainspring with the "D'' spring will make a huge different. Easy to do and takes about 90 seconds. :D I would just replace that first and try it out and go from there. Changing out the others springs may do some good too. But it's not necessary, necessarily.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/hammer-parts/hammer-springs/hammer-spring-d-version-prod27930.aspx?avs|Make_3=Beretta

Easy to do and one-hundred percent reliable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItIVFNj15mE&spfreload=10

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Wilson offers a short reach trigger and a newly designed trigger bar. I don't know if the trigger reduces the reset or not as I never paid attention to it when I had mine installed. I believe the trigger bar does affect it, but it is not a drop in part, needs to be fitted.

Also +1 to the above "D" spring replacement. Makes a noticeable difference in trigger pull.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wilson offers a short reach trigger and a newly designed trigger bar. I don't know if the trigger reduces the reset or not as I never paid attention to it when I had mine installed. I believe the trigger bar does affect it, but it is not a drop in part, needs to be fitted.
View Quote

I put the Wilson trigger on mine and didn't notice an improvement, it actually made the trigger pull uncomfortable.  I think it is meant for people with smaller hands, to have a shorter reach, but doesn't reduce the reset, in my experience.  The reach was too short and put the trigger in an uncomfortable place on my finger.  

I swapped it back out for the metal Beretta trigger that's in the metal parts kit.  The Wilson trigger was a higher quality part though, the Wolff spring fit snug and perfect in it, but it's a little sloppy in the Beretta trigger before the pin goes back in.

I don't have any experience with the trigger bar though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top