Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/5/2015 8:30:22 PM EDT
I'll do a more detailed write up later. Initial thoughts -

- Trigger is noticeable better than my Wilson Brigadier Tactical. I was like holy $#*/ when I felt the DA pull. SA is very nice too. DA feels like it may be about 8 1/2 to 9 pounds. SA feels about 4 1/2. Not sure what they did to the trigger but I like it.

- The checkering is noticeably sharper.

- Grip feels great. I'm partial to the Vertec grip though.

- The presentation and packaging is very cool. It's definitely a premium gun, and is presented as one.

- The colors are very nice. The barrel, slide and grips all match. The frame is a light FDE.

- Threads on the barrel are extended, and nicely machined. I don't think Silencerco Osprey users will need the XL extended piston. Will confirm with my Osprey later.

- The night sights are nice. The rear sight have no white ring, but the front has a nice big white ring. I prefer a blacked out rear anyway.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

- Trigger is noticeable better than my Wilson Brigadier Tactical. I was like holy $#*/ when I felt the DA pull. SA is very nice too. DA feels like it may be about 8 1/2 to 9 pounds. SA feels about 4 1/2. Not sure what they did to the trigger but I like it.

- The presentation and packaging is very cool. It's definitely a premium gun, and is presented as one.

- The colors are very nice. The barrel, slide and grips all match. The frame is a light FDE.

- Threads on the barrel are extended, and nicely machined. I don't think Silencerco Osprey users will need the XL extended piston. Will confirm with my Osprey later.

- The night sights are nice. The rear sight have no white ring, but the front has a nice big white ring. I prefer a blacked out rear anyway.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5671/22186020553_cf9a826d21_b.jpg
View Quote
Looks awesome

How much did it run you?

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful. Do they come stock with threaded barrels or is it an option?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I also wanted to know if they could be had without a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They only come with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks awesome    

How much did it run you?

http://webkit-fake-url://538fb896-35d8-4237-9900-49002b9564ef/imagegif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks awesome    

How much did it run you?

http://webkit-fake-url://538fb896-35d8-4237-9900-49002b9564ef/imagegif

I paid $998
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool gun.

Primary use?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cool gun.

Primary use?
View Quote

Just another toy.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I dig it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]
On the topic of suppressors -

Osprey 45 - still needs the XL piston to clear the guide rod, even though the barrel is extended.

2015-11-05_09-22-15 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

Gemtech GM-9 - good to go. Ready to rock with the 1/2x28 piston.

2015-11-05_09-21-55 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#11]
You're not helping.

Nice gun.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
So nice.

I thought they were going to be behind, in last two weeks picked up another used old LE G and a Centurion, and another Glock 19, etc.

So not ready to run out and get one today.

I wished they built it on the m9a1 frame,
And it looks like regular instead suppressor height sights.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks great.  Im curious how fast it gets dirty from the blowback at the chamber shooting suppressed.

Quoted:
On the topic of suppressors -

Osprey 45 - still needs the XL piston to clear the guide rod, even though the barrel is extended.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/A8dp8n" target="_blank">https://farm1.staticflickr.com/732/22397764727_ff955ff8ac_k.jpg</a>2015-11-05_09-22-15 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

Gemtech GM-9 - good to go. Ready to rock with the 1/2x28 piston.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/A8dpRN" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5823/22397767188_89973362c7_k.jpg</a>2015-11-05_09-21-55 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow beautiful gun I'm jelly
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Love it but can I get one in black?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome! A few questions if you don't mind.

Is the trigger polymer coated?

Is the guide rod captured and is it metal or plastic?

Did it come in F configuration with the safety? Are the components for the G conversion included?

Does the takedown lever automatically snap back up when you rack the slide, like the 92A1, or does it need to be manually pushed up, like the M9/92FS?

It sounds like they finally used a 18lb D spring standard. Do you have one to compare it to?

Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to get mine!
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#17]
nice; these are decocker only pieces???
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#18]
nvrmd...
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quick question, does your Wilson Brigadier have the action tune from Wilson?  I love my Wilson Brigadier (w action tune) and if the trigger on the M9A3 is better then I definitely know what my next purchase will be.  Fine looking pistol you have there!
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 5:31:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is the trigger polymer coated? Doesnt appear to be

Is the guide rod captured and is it metal or plastic? Not captured, plastic

Did it come in F configuration with the safety? Are the components for the G conversion included? Safety decocker is how it came, I dont see any extra components in packaging

Does the takedown lever automatically snap back up when you rack the slide, like the 92A1, or does it need to be manually pushed up, like the M9/92FS? Manually pushed up

It sounds like they finally used a 18lb D spring standard. Do you have one to compare it to?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the trigger polymer coated? Doesnt appear to be

Is the guide rod captured and is it metal or plastic? Not captured, plastic

Did it come in F configuration with the safety? Are the components for the G conversion included? Safety decocker is how it came, I dont see any extra components in packaging

Does the takedown lever automatically snap back up when you rack the slide, like the 92A1, or does it need to be manually pushed up, like the M9/92FS? Manually pushed up

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks really good! Sounds like there's no reason to do the d spring conversion on it then?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Just got home with mine. Like Airborne, I've very impressed with the gun. Excellent trigger out of the box. It certainly has a D-spring in it, if not something a little lighter. I have multiple 92s, all with D-springs, and this trigger is the best I've ever had, especially for a brand-new gun.

The trigger and safety levers are steel, not poly coated.

Fit and finish is first rate. Very tightly put together, but very smooth when racking the slide.

If it shoots as well as my first impressions, this might be the best new Beretta I've ever owned. And I have or have had lots of really nice ones including a Wilson Brig Tac, multiple Brigadiers, Vertecs and Elites.

ETA: It does have the poly guide rod and standard recoil spring setup, not captured. The takedown lever works like a standard 92, not the 92A1.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Very nice guys.  Are the magazines standard blued or PVD coated?
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#24]
PVD coated with FDE bases. I actually have a standard mag in mine in the pic - it had snap caps in it and I was dry firing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks to everyone sharing info.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#26]
So much want in one place.  I hate you guys.  

Congratulations, those are friggin' awesome!  
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I didnt realize how ugly a glock was until bringing the A3 home today.

Eta:  where is the best place to find extra magazines?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#28]
I like to get mags from CDNN
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:10:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.44mag.com/product/beretta_92_15_round_magazine/beretta_magazines
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Got a chance to hold one today...........I am very tempted to sell my BHP Practical and get one................very tempted
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 3:27:10 AM EDT
[#31]
I am so jelly
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Very nice

What is the one piece grip made from?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Very nice

View Quote

Very Hogue-like. It's hard-ish rubber over a plastic insert. Probably made by Hogue would be my guess since Beretta uses a lot of their rubber panels and wraparound grips on other pieces.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Best looking M9/92fs yet. If available in black this A3 model may have to be added to the list of handguns I want. Which is freaking me out as I have never "wanted" a 9mm before!
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Very Hogue-like. It's hard-ish rubber over a plastic insert. Probably made by Hogue would be my guess since Beretta uses a lot of their rubber panels and wraparound grips on other pieces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very nice

Thanks

I hope hogue come out with g10grips that fill the same role
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

View Quote

Then why even post?

Not everyone likes Glocks.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Love it but can I get one in black?
View Quote

+1

Not a big fan of FDE.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep an eye on Gun Mag Warehouse...they had factory mags for $17 a bout a month back. Grabbed 5 more.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Keep an eye on Gun Mag Warehouse...they had factory mags for $17 a bout a month back. Grabbed 5 more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im not very up to speed on Beretta's yet.  What magazines will work with the M9A3?
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Im not very up to speed on Beretta's yet.  What magazines will work with the M9A3?
View Quote

Any Beretta 92/M9 15+ rd magazine will work. You can find them on the EE.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Nice pistol. Does it have 2 sets of grips? I remember seeing a set of grips that mimicked the 92 series angle in fde as well. I hope they come out in Inox in the future. Well I can dream anyway.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Is there any reason to change the plastic guide rod out with the Wilson steel guide rod?  Or would it be pointless
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is there any reason to change the plastic guide rod out with the Wilson steel guide rod?  Or would it be pointless
View Quote

The Marine Corps requested the plastic guide rod for enhanced reliability in the desert
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:06:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Marine Corps requested the plastic guide rod for enhanced reliability in the desert
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. What are the pros and cons of plastic vs steel, and why would plastic be considered more reliable?
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Interesting. What are the pros and cons of plastic vs steel, and why would plastic be considered more reliable?
View Quote

Metal guide rods are a little heavier, but the weight is near the muzzle and can slightly reduce muzzle flip. Some competitive shooters use weighted guide rods to exaggerate this affect.

Besides being a tad lighter, the plastic guide rod has flutes that won't trap sand against the spring, compare the two pictures below. The Wilson metal guide rod is also fluted. I've used all three and haven't had any issues with them. I've never seen a malfunction caused by sand on the guide rod. Sand in the magazine is far more likely to cause a malfunction, which is why the M9A3 mags come with sand resistant coating that the USMC also requested for the M9A1.

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

A metal guide rod can get bent and tie up the pistol, the plastic rod is flexible by design.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Safety decocker is how it came, I dont see any extra components in packaging
View Quote

That's very disappointing.

The fact that the M9A3 was supposed to be convertible to a G model was probably the biggest selling point for me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top