Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2015 5:23:20 AM EDT
I'm picking one up soon. One mag, no box. It's been a safe queen for 20 ish years and appears "as new".

Questions:

I'll get additional mags, of course, what models are compatible? Are they compatible with the very similar looking Browning .380?

Any recommendations on ammo?

Who makes a threaded barrel?

Any additional advice?

I'll still carry my 19 usually, it's just that there's something about this little pistol.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my 84bb, great pick up!

The Browning BDA 380 is pretty much a duplicate, as it was designed and manufactured by Beretta. Those mags will work also.
Mecgar of course makes great aftermarket mags.
I would love to get a threaded barrel for mine, but I have no idea who makes them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Adco, among others can add a threaded extension to your barrel.  Pretty sure the slide is the only difference between the Beretta and Browning version.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Do NOT run +P ammo. The slide will hammer the frame where the guide rod passes through.
You might want to replace the return spring anyway just in case. Cheap from Wolff. I got the 14, 15 and 16#. The 16 works so that's what I run.
I don't know of any issues with different ammo although I had one in the 80's that would FTF hollow points. It was new though.
MecGar mags work great.

Wonderful gun. Love it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, picking it up on Saturday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top