Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2015 4:34:40 PM EDT
I have a 84F coming and want to pick up a couple spare recoil springs. I've read that there are two different sized guide rods. Was the diameter switched between models or should I measure before trying to find the correct spring. I see that Wolff sells recoil springs for .215" guide rods, Numrich sells springs and there's a few on eBay. I'd prefer to get some from Wolff if they'll fit.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I never heard about different size guide rods. I got one of the ex-leo 84fs off of Gunbroker last year. I got all the factory springs and new grip screws from Brownells. They had most of the replacement parts for these guns.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like the 84F is coming Saturday so I'll wait to measure and see if there's anything else I need at the same time
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an original model and the Wolff springs work. I got the 14,15 and 16# to see what difference it made.
Not sure how different the F is.

Start here, lots of info: Beretta forums

ETA: great gun
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I measured my guide rod and its 0.235" wide, so I doubt the Wolff springs will work

I'll shoot a couple mags, pull the mag disconnect and shoot it some more. Pulling the slide back seems stiff enough that I doubt I need a new recoil spring right now but I'd like a spare, especially with the 81 series being discontinued
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Avoid +P ammo and any time you take the slide off check the frame where the guide rod passed through for damage.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I also have a used 84BB inbound.  I picked up a few recoil springs from MGW Guns.

Beretta 84 Recoil Spring
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I think they were OOS last I checked. I'll be shooting my 84F today hopefully and then will order whatever I need/want to keep on hand.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they were OOS last I checked. I'll be shooting my 84F today hopefully and then will order whatever I need/want to keep on hand.

Thanks
View Quote

I ordered two yesterday, due to be delivered to me Monday.  In stock as of this AM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top