Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2015 6:13:57 PM EDT
Originally, I wasn't going to buy a Wilson/Beretta Brigadier Tactical last year when they first came out - I bought one of the new, regular Brigadiers instead.

Then, since that time, I keep seeing pics of this gun on the Beretta Forum and other places - and I just couldn't resist. After losing out on some Gunbroker ads, I just went ahead and put my name on the waiting list at Wilson since July.

I was told to expect the gun by Christmas...

Well, I went to the large Reliant Center gunshow in Houston today - on my way out, I saw a banner for a Wilson dealer. I thought I'd go look and see if he had one of those Berettas... Sure enough - he did. I explained to him how I was on the waiting list, and how I've owned over 25 Beretta 92's over the years. He asked me what my discounted price was from Wilson - and he and I ended up working out a price that was lower than what he was asking for it.

Anyway - he said he just got 3 in yesterday, and he sold the other 2 earlier that morning... So, I got the last one... Now, I'll be calling Wilson on Monday to remove myself from their waiting list.. No more waiting :)

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet pistol.  How do you like the sights?  Thinking about getting that setup for my 92A1
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 6:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  My BrigTac has quickly become my favorite pistol.  I'm under Serial no. 150 and I love this damn thing.  just shot it today as a matter of fact.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm super jealous.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet pistol.  How do you like the sights?  Thinking about getting that setup for my 92A1
View Quote

Well, I haven't shot the gun yet, but I think I will like them.

I have straight 8 type sights on my Dan Wesson 1911 and my Glock 17. It would have been nice to have that small rear white tritium dot on the rear sight like the straight 8s do. But, it's still close. Can'twait to try it!
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I carried a 96G Elite (Brigadier slide) as a duty gun for a couple years.  I can only imagine what a WC variant is like.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
How much did it cost? (I've never seen the price for one. Wilson ain't cheap.)
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That is so SWEET for not a .45acp....enjoy...

Glock 21SF for the MFW! Ready to take you on in steel plates when you're ready....
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Busting your chops...I wouldn't mind one in the back of my safe.... Enjoy..
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That is so SWEET for not a .45acp....enjoy...

Glock 21SF for the MFW! Ready to take you on in steel plates when you're ready....
View Quote

Actually, I just sold a fairly new Sig 220. I have owned many 45s over the years - but I never end up keeping the non 1911 ones.

Right now, I have one Dan Wesson Valor 1911 that I love. Not looking for any other 45s or 1911s at the moment.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Very nice!!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Where's the WHEEL man show us The Wheel.

Hi Ship.

Kool Gun I want another railed 92, but I'm afraid to spend that coin on a handgun that may have to go to jail if I use it.

My HD I centered around the 92's/CX4 with TLR2HL's on the pistols.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hi Ship.

Kool Gun I want another railed 92, but I'm afraid to spend that coin on a handgun that may have to go to jail if I use it.

View Quote

If you dont break the law it will be returned after any investigation.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Ship.

This varies from state to state and in some cases from town to town, with out going into specifics due to an NDA related to my civil case....   It took a law suit and a lot of pressure from my attorney ultimately they settled returned my gun and paid my legal fees plus a little scratch for the hassle.  In my case all I had done was cleared holster and kept a shitbird face down at gun point in the living of a good friend whom she had a restraining order against that cock sucker.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hi Ship.

View Quote

Here is my current wheel. Not as big as my old one of nine 92s, though....

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi Ship.

^^What that guy said above Shipwrecks Wheel of Berettas^^
$500 keep the gun ass wipe.
$1200 and its cool gun I like...
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd buy one in a NY minute were they available w/o the rail.................  
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok - I put 200 rounds thru it. Gun works great.

I shot at 7 and 15 yards. I shot double taps 1 and 2 handed. Shot all double action both 1 handed and 2 handed. Shot 1 handed and 2 handed at different distances. Really enjoyed the gun.

I will keep the rear sight as is. It is nice to shoot with that way. Now, with no tritium on the rear sight, I would never make it a night stand gun for that reason. The front sight is tritium, but the rear is all black. But, gun is very accurate. It does shoot tighter groups with the 124gr American Eagle than the 115gr WWB - not much different, but it is noticeable.

In the end - after this being my 25th Beretta 92 variant... I will say that it shoots about as well as any other Beretta 92. However, being such a fan of the platform, it is cool to have something a little rarer and a little different than most 92's you come across.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmmmm, and he told me mine was the last of three he had. Got mine the same day about 1:00pm. I had seen him there last year and didn't bite. Been mumbling about it ever since.

And about this wheel? I made this one last week. Mine has a hub Probably not the best wheel in a Beretta forum.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Who was the dealer? I frequent the Houston shows, but have not been in a while because of work. I would buy one,  if I found one at a show.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who was the dealer? I frequent the Houston shows, but have not been in a while because of work. I would buy one,  if I found one at a show.
View Quote

Shoot me a PM and I will tell ya
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#22]
How did you like the class?  I've got a friend who took one with him recently and told me about it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm super jealous.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Typical EL quality instruction and coaching. I've been in class with him before and I've spent a bit of time shooting with him and some buddies over the years so I'm more "used" to it than most.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did you like the class?  I've got a friend who took one with him recently and told me about it.

Typical EL quality instruction and coaching. I've been in class with him before and I've spent a bit of time shooting with him and some buddies over the years so I'm more "used" to it than most.

What does "EL" mean?
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#27]
That is sexy.

I have been mulling one over as a compliment to my Beretta Storm carbine that takes Beretta 92 magazines.  

One of the few things that give me pause is I have never shot a DA/SA as well as a dedicated SA auto, a striker fired auto, or a DA only revolver.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Took mine to the range today. 15 rounds, 15 yards. One straggler, 14 in damn near one ragged hole. Might need to tweak the sights a little for my left handed self. Cheap ass ZQI ammo too. Color me highly impressed at how smoothly this gun functions.

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Nice shooting. Off hand?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#32]
I believe Wilson has stated that they changed the grips on newer models.  There are also the ultra thin grips out there.  I put the gray ones on mine...

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I believe Wilson has stated that they changed the grips on newer models.  There are also the ultra thin grips out there.  I put the gray ones on mine...

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x131/JSGlock34/WCBeretta-1_zpsjnepufp0.jpg
View Quote

Correct.  Somewhere along the way (IIRC btw the first and second runs) Wilson subtly  changed the grips.  Mine wears the old style.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nice shooting. Off hand?
View Quote

Bench, resting on a bag. Just trying to maintain a good group.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top