Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2015 6:11:34 PM EDT
Kind of a cool article even though Caleb and Langdon aren't doing this for free.

http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/08/17/ernest-langdon-and-the-beretta-px4/

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a beretta guy and I don't own one either, the 92 works great for me, but I have always wanted a px4 as well as a 90two
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you gone and read the Pistol Forum thread the article was spawned from?
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?16519-The-PX4-Compact-might-be-my-DA-SA-Glock-19

I got reading the thread because of a passing curiosity that discussion of a less popular pistol went 30+ pages. I've handled the examples that were in our sample pile extensively (never shot them), and found it to be an interesting design because of the rotating barrel. Just never seemed like a viable product with poly DA/SA guns never seeming to do well against their metal-framed hammer or poly-framed striker cousins. However, it seems like with the increasing interest in AIWB that more are becoming interested in carrying polymer hammer guns.

At this point Ernest Langdon  has over 11K through one of his PX4s without any issues.

If I was in the market for a "cheap gun" I'd be taking a look at the PX4. But at this point I have a list of more... pricey stuff I'm interested in and not enough money.
View Quote

I've followed that thread. And lots of guys are buying px4's because of it. But I also think that Ernest isn't just doing this because he feels like it. I think this is part of a marketing campaign for Beretta to push the gun.

Beretta has brought some of the cool previously Italy only parts to the U.S. Store. I've been wanting to get one of the compacts to play around with.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:35:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've followed that thread. And lots of guys are buying px4's because of it. But I also think that Ernest isn't just doing this because he feels like it. I think this is part of a marketing campaign for Beretta to push the gun.
View Quote

Anything is possible. However, having recently trained with Ernest and spent two days picking his brain on guns, I don't agree with you. He never even mentioned the PX4 up in class, until he was asked about it. When it was brought up, he didn't talk about it like it was his preferred "go to" gun, but rather one that he found that meets a specific need that he has. FWIW, he was running a SIG P229 during the class.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a carry gun for every situation just about in my safe.   I understand it filling a role but he is a noted Beretta guy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He likes Sigs, too...was using a P229 in .357 sig last time I was in class with him.
View Quote

We were in the same class.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Ernest's affiliation with Beretta is well known.  But somehow he also posted positive reviews on the HK P30 and the FN FNS-9...

His PX4 is pretty cool though...

Link Posted: 10/28/2015 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope they start selling more parts.  Trigger parts would be nice
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope they start selling more parts.  Trigger parts would be nice
View Quote

In Italy they have a drop in trigger kit. It includes a lighter mainspring and all the trigger parts are DLC coated for super smooth operation.

The U.S. Store just added a DLC coated locking block, which should improve the operation and smoothness of the rotating barrel.

I'm looking to buy a new carry size pistol to play around with that's not Glock. Love Glock, but have them and want to try something different. Need to do it in a couple days before I move. It's between the px4 compact and FNS 9c I think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top