Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2015 1:02:33 AM EDT
to a Gun Smith and have it refurbished? I haven't had to take a gun to a gun smith in over 20 years and I have no idea what it would cost to have this gun brought back to life. This gun might not be worth $25.00 now. lol I have no idea. NO,,,,, I will NOT sell it for that!!  I don't remember how long I have had it and have only shot about 2 clips through it but it shot great with no glitches with just those 2 clips. I know it would take a whole lot more shooting to really test it but I am sure it needs a real good cleaning. Would I be crazy to have this gun worked on and would it be worth my money? I depend on the members here to keep me heading in the right direction with my AR and other guns. Please tell me what you think. Thanks for your time and help. Have a great night, Mark

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:16:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Just clean it yourself.   No reason to have anyone work on it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. There is really no reason I was thinking of getting it refurbished other than the cosmetic end of it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies. There is really no reason I was thinking of getting it refurbished other than the cosmetic end of it.
View Quote

Green Scrubby pad, Clean with alcohol, and Cold Blue it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:10:57 AM EDT
[#5]
To me, real patina is more attractive than refinishing.

I'd leave it as is and just do a maintenance cleaning and inspection on it and shoot it for fun.

JMO

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
As long as it works, there's no reason to have it worked on. You'd pay more than you would for a new one to refinish it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Before you do ANYthing to it, have it evaluated. You just might have something that a collector would value!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Clean it, oil it and use it for was it is. Don't waste money trying to restore it, it's not worth it. It's a pocket plinker/snake gun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Everyone. I will clean it up one day this next week and then I can tell more about what is wore. Only in my dreams would I have a collector's item. lol Thanks again. Later, Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top