Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 2:13:30 AM EDT
So, I'm trying to decide what's going to replace the factory sights on my 92A1, I'm not buying right now, just researching.   I'm thinking night sights but fiber optics are possibly an option.  Not going with any kind of RMR on this one so what would y'all do?

It's main duty is a home defense gun and is currently equipped with a SureFire X400 light/laser.  It's a great setup but factory sights on a defensive gun is a no go in my book, just too hard to acquire in low light.  I use Trijicon tritium night sights on most of my guns and i've never had a problem so I'm comfortable with them.  My sis has a Kimber with Meprolight sights and those things are amazing so they are an option, assuming they even make something to fit the Beretta, I haven't looked yet.

So, what have you done on yours that you are happy with?  For those who don't have one of these, what would you choose based on your experience with other gun?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I really liked the Wilson Combat battlesight, so I went with their front fiber optic as well. The sight picture is nice, and I've been happy overall. Even my gunsmith commented on how quickly he can pick them up, and he teaches defensive shooting classes and used to shoot competitively.

I have several hundred rounds through it with the sights, and I don't have any complaints.  I would imagine you could find a tritium front sight to go with them, but never looked, I like fiber optic.

I also use their sights on my Glock, with similar results.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really liked the Wilson Combat battlesight, so I went with their front fiber optic as well. The sight picture is nice, and I've been happy overall. Even my gunsmith commented on how quickly he can pick them up, and he teaches defensive shooting classes and used to shoot competitively.

I have several hundred rounds through it with the sights, and I don't have any complaints.  I would imagine you could find a tritium front sight to go with them, but never looked, I like fiber optic.

I also use their sights on my Glock, with similar results.
View Quote

I've not seen those before.  I'll add them to the "consider" list, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top