Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 10:08:14 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone knows if their is anyone that can do a sight change?
I was wondering if the front sight could be milled off and a dove tale cut like on the 92A1?
thanks again
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was wondering if anyone knows if their is anyone that can do a sight change?
I was wondering if the front sight could be milled off and a dove tale cut like on the 92A1?
thanks again
View Quote

No, many have said that it would mess up the structral integrity of the slide.

Tool Tech Gunsight can drill the front sight and install a tritium dot in the front sight - will look just like factory night sights (they replace the rear).

There is a vendor at the Beretta Forum who will drill it in a way to install a fiber optic rod in the front sight too.

Here is a pic of mine to show what the night sights look like:

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
How about just get an M9 slide and build it the way you want it.

Keep the 92S slide in original configuration.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
A different slide is a good idea.
I do not think the front sight on a S is big enough to drill.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
One might regard the small sights on the 92S as an advantage in situations where large sights might be obtrusive.

I've done a good bit of five-yard shooting with my 92S.
Sights not needed. Just point and pull the trigger. Decent groups. Better than you might expect until you try it.

Remember, the 92S was never intended to be a competition gun.

As I've noted before, the 92-series gun is by no means as "great big" as the internet chatter would exaggerate.

Here, compared to a four-inch Model 10 (which nobody ever thought of as "great big," and which nobody ever seriously complained about the "small sights" for its intended purpose).

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The sights it the only thing I would change on my 92S.  The action is super smoother and the trigger is pretty darn good.  I like shooting it.
Just thought I would see what you all said.
I guess I will just take my time. LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I know the FS slide wont work on the 92s frame but will a 92F slide work?
I was reading something about the larger hammer pin on the fs model.  The S and the F models do not have that correct?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the FS slide wont work on the 92s frame but will a 92F slide work?
I was reading something about the larger hammer pin on the fs model.  The S and the F models do not have that correct?
View Quote

I'm not positive about a 92F slide on a 92S, it almost certainly will fit as  a 92G slide did fit on my 92S but  Icouldn't get the gun to fire.

92Fs are reasonably harder to find these days compared to a 92FS...do you already have a 92F or at least a line on one? If not where exactly do you plan fo find the 92F slide? All by itself?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I found one on ebay.
I did bid on it.  If I win hope it works.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Their is really nothing you can do with the 92s slide to improve the sights. It has a smaller dovetail and lower front and rear sights when compared to the 92f, fs, etc.
You can use the 92fs slide but you will have to remove the firing pin block assemble from the slide because the 92s does not have a provision to trip it and can not be easily added due to need to machine the frame to accept the parts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#10]
So the FS slide wont work but will the F slide work.
I hope I didn't bid on something I will have to resell.  LOL
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, let me try and clarify, the f, fs and m9 slides all have the firing pin block that will have to be removed for you to use it on the 92s. The only problem is you will have a rectangle hole in the top of the slide.
It is removed by taking the roll pin located in front of the rear sight out. It then frees the block and a spring to drop out of the bottom slide.

Also, you may have to file a slight ramp on the bottom of the open firing pin block hole so it does not try and strip another round off the magazine and hang the slide up.

I shot my m9 slide on my 92s with zero issues after removing the block assembly but due to variances you may not be that lucky. After a cost analysis I decided against buying a new slide for my 92s and reassembled the block in my m9. It start to get to a point of buying the gun for $299, buy a slide $100 to $200 send the slide to have tritium $175 or hi viz front by Allephreny.

Don't know about your but mine was pretty beat up and after looking at it it was getting to be more expensive than a new gun and mine would still looked beat and rusted to hell and I keep fumbling through reloads because of euro mag release. So I put a stoned the trigger bar, sear, hammer, put a d spring in mine with a brig II hammer and said enough is enough.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]
OK cool thanks for the help.
It can be done but will have an extra hole in the slide.  Might not be worth it.  Well the auction is up in a little bit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#13]
My 92s was pretty nice.  I did spend the extra on hand pick.  I bought another one for my son.  I agree enough is enough on the  92s.  I ma not sure why I try to buid a better wheel.  LOL
I did get a used 92FS for not a lot more than the 92s.  It was shot quit a bit but still shoot great and is very accurate.  
I do read a lot about the D spring.  Will that help with the trigger pull?
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#14]
The d spring should be in every 92 in my opinion. My trigger was already good but with the d spring its real good. If you do replace your hammer spring with the "d" be very careful taking out the roll pins in the Mag release and in the lanyard cup. You have to take the Mag release out to get the cup out first.  It's very easy to destroy them and you will have to use generic pins bc beretta does not have them in the US.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I will have to get some.  Their is probably a youtub video on it.  
I am not sure why but I like these 92 pistols.  For a fat handle they fit the hand pretty good.
My next one will be a 92a1.  Changing sights wont be a problem then.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My 92s was pretty nice.  I did spend the extra on hand pick.  I bought another one for my son.  I agree enough is enough on the  92s.  I ma not sure why I try to buid a better wheel.  LOL
I did get a used 92FS for not a lot more than the 92s.  It was shot quit a bit but still shoot great and is very accurate.  
I do read a lot about the D spring.  Will that help with the trigger pull?
View Quote

The D spring will help with the DA trigger pull, yes.

I understand the tendency to want to tinker or add or remove things on guns to make them better, trust me. I also understand how easy it is to get carried away and end up spending way too much money on a project gun that started out reasonably cheap. Be careful you don't end up chasing some of these projects done metaphorical rabbit holes that end up nowhere and bring you a bunch of unnecessary grief.

I had had a 92S many years ago with laminated wood grips that ultimately I sold when I upgraded to a commercial M9. More recently, I had bought one of these recent import 92S's and it was a beaut too be sure. How it shot/worked at the range was a different story. I liked the simpler sights on the 92S, and the safety only being on the left side, but I had really shitty luck overall with my pistol. It looked in many respects excellent to near new (the feed ramp as an example looked like it had been barely used at all) but I had several jams with the gun, even with the included original 92S magazine. It didn't jam every mag through, but most JHP's such as Cor-Bon and Hornady Critical Defense it choked just about every time. Even FMJ ball ammo, 115 grain up to 124 grain stuff didn't do much better. Brand new Beretta 92 mags (that had the necessary cutout at the bottom to engage the mag) did not seem to make a difference, the pistol just wanted to jam. For whatever reason. Ok. Whatever.

Some people have had great luck with these--some people have gotten 92S's that have fed and fired everything--from cheap brass cased Tula, to aluminum case, to steel case all the way up to expensive modern JHPs with no problem. Yeah. My gun weren't like that. I wasn't going to shell out any money to possibly replace a recoil rod and spring, certainly not a locking block or complete slide (not that I'd find one anyway). So I simply resolved that I would sell or trade it for something else. To put any money into the gun at all would just be a waste of time and money from my perspective--money that could have been put towards a 92G or something instead.

Even so, it sure was really, really hard to let it go. The gun really was purty with them shiny black smooth Beretta grips!

Anyway there is my .02 plus the other .98 as well thrown in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, I've followed Alice and the white rabbit too many times and I was about to do it again.
luckily I did the math and when I looked at it and saw a deal for a new 92fs Italian for $555 shipped it stopped me from doing it again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I did not win the F slide.
Just will do the D spring and call it good.
thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top