Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 11:21:53 AM EDT
I installed the Wilson Combat Steel Short Reach Trigger the other day, and I'm wondering if it's possible to install this wrong?
The trigger has more side to side play than the stock trigger did, and a little bit of free-movement take-up before it engages at all in DA.
It also feels like it gained a lot of weight at the end of the DA travel.
Everyone review I've read sings its praises, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong?
It functions as it should

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Just checked mine. There is a very small amount of pre-travel in DA, and a bit of side-to-side wobble. I never noticed it before, but sure enough its there. I wouldn't worry about it.

The higher weight is just due to finger/muscle geometry, your finger has less relative strength at the end of the swing due to its position.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Regaring geometry
A reassembly faux pa I had the other day involved putting the trigger bar pin in front of the trigger and not through the hole in the trigger itself!

I didn't realize anything was wrong until I cocked it for aingle action and the trigger didn't change position much.  The pull even with the unsupported setup felt pretty good...  It makes me want to try out one of the sao variants...
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I think it may have settled or something after a couple of hundred rounds, because it feels better now.
I also installed the Elite II Hammer in that time, though I don't see how that could make much of a difference in trigger feel.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi, I replaced the following parts in  my 92 FS PoliceModel. I never figured out what the police model is as some of my friends have 92 FS and they are identical.I replaced thed the D spring.Good cheap mod. Lightened the dougle action.Single action-ever so slight. Light weight hammer lightened the double action. Too much play in the trigger .In my opinion not worth the change.Did make the double action lighter.
The stock spring  guide is fine.I changed the spring guide to a Wilson,and I didn't see any diference in the pistol.The Wilson spring guide is heavier then the stock guide.My 92 FS is about 4.5 lb. single action and 7.5 lbs. double action.It appears the mods effect the double action more then the single action. There is NO creep in the single action. A dead fall. The trigger single action also feels lighter then 4.5 lbs. Now the double action in my pistol reduced in weight to 7.5 lbs. The mods really help the double action. Hope this helps.Rod
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top