Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2015 9:11:56 PM EDT
Hey guys, picked up my beretta a few weeks ago and been running the factory mags, but I'd like to get some inexpensive range mags. Best deal I've found is at topgunsupply.com for check-mate 15 rounders for $17. I know most will say get mecgar mags but those are pretty nice and almost as expensive as factory mags. Ideas, options, opinions?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys, picked up my beretta a few weeks ago and been running the factory mags, but I'd like to get some inexpensive range mags. Best deal I've found is at topgunsupply.com for check-mate 15 rounders for $17. I know most will say get mecgar mags but those are pretty nice and almost as expensive as factory mags. Ideas, options, opinions?
View Quote

If you check the EE, you can get Checkmate military mags for like $5 each. These are the ones that had the jamming problems in the fine iraqi sand during the Iraq war. They run just as well as any beretta or mec gar at the range though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude awesome, thank you
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Midway has Beretta factory mags (15 rd) for $20.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Not bad, I'll check that out too. Thanks man
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not bad, I'll check that out too. Thanks man
View Quote

if you're going that route, mecgar 15 rounders have a better coating and are like $20 from gregcotellc.com.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#6]
They look to be just over $20, which is the coating your referring to. Nickle or blued or?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They look to be just over $20, which is the coating your referring to. Nickle or blued or?
View Quote

Blued. It should be an anti friction coating which drops free easier than the factory and other mags. Might want to call and make sure though. if you're looking for more rounds in a magazine, they make 18 &20 rd magazines also that are flush fitting. All of their mags are good to go for duty, carry, range, etc.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Gottcha, capacity wise I need 15rd minimum so that should make my search easy
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I use Checkmate mags all the time in matches & never have an issue. I love the things.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Checkmate mags are good to go. I bought a bunch from a gunshow vendor for like $8 a piece. They were various years of manufacture from 01 to 03. They all work great.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I just bought 4 of the Mecgar 18 Round Anti Friction Mags from CDNN Sports for 18.99 each! I think the regular price is only 19.99 at CDNN
Go to their website and sign up for Thier Notifications and they will email You a Couple of times a Week with Specials They are Running.
I picked up 2 Very Lightly Used like New Factory Sig P226 15 Round Mags from them about a month ago for 15.99 each. I ran across them while doing a search for some Sig Mags. When they are having a Sale Thier Magazine Prices are Pretty Hard to Beat!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Midway has Beretta factory mags (15 rd) for $20.
View Quote

And the factory 17 round magazines on sale for $17.99:  LINK
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you check the EE, you can get Checkmate military mags for like $5 each. These are the ones that had the jamming problems in the fine iraqi sand during the Iraq war. They run just as well as any beretta or mec gar at the range though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am looking for some of these $5 mags. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just have to check the EE and gunbroker constantly.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:09:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I also use Checkmate magazines.  They are good to go in my book.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I have,prices seemed to have crept up a bit since I  purchased last.
$12-15 per is what I am seeing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top