BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That could work with the economy of scale that goes with a military contract that could last for decades.

Consumer sales? Not so much...
View Quote

Group buy?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

I've been waiting for the M9A3 pistol for a long time. I was expecting a max price of $799. For $1,000, I can literally buy two Glocks with night sights (police discount). You can keep your new pistol at that price point.
View Quote

Then buy two Glocks, and quit bitching.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

I've been waiting for the M9A3 pistol for a long time. I was expecting a max price of $799. For $1,000, I can literally buy two Glocks with night sights (police discount). You can keep your new pistol at that price point.

Yep buy that plastic
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
FYI, Arms Unlimited is pre-selling the LE version, with 3-17 round mags.

I went ahead and pre-ordered mine today. They don't charge til the order ships, so no worries.

I've had good experiences with them in the past, FWIW.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE:

Botach email about M9A3 pre-orders....price is $998
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Once the hype dies down and the price drops close to where it'll eventually settle into I'll jump on the wagon.  I'd be willing to bet that 99% of these will be range queens and never ran in the rain or dropped in the mud.  I'll wait for someone to get bored with their scratched toy and sell it for a loss.  

In the mean time.....  Do I understand it right that if you want a railed 92/M9 that can have night sights your only option at this point is the 92A1?
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
UPDATE:

Botach email about M9A3 pre-orders....price is $998
View Quote

@ Botach.  If that is the price they have, look for PSA to have it on sale much cheaper and actually in stock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I went ahead and pre-ordered mine today. They don't charge til the order ships, so no worries.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Beretta-92FS-Type-M9A3-9mm-Pistol-p/js92m9a3mle.htm
View Quote

Anybody seen a version that is just plain black/blue not FDE?

Guess I'll wait for that one and the price drop after all the "me first" types burn off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Once the hype dies down and the price drops close to where it'll eventually settle into I'll jump on the wagon.  I'd be willing to bet that 99% of these will be range queens and never ran in the rain or dropped in the mud.  I'll wait for someone to get bored with their scratched toy and sell it for a loss.  

In the mean time.....  Do I understand it right that if you want a railed 92/M9 that can have night sights your only option at this point is the 92A1?
View Quote

No. You can send off a normal 92/96 series pistol to ToolTech and they'll install tritium vials in your sights
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No. You can send off a normal 92/96 series pistol to ToolTech and they'll install tritium vials in your sights
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or buy a FS Inox Vertec...or a 92G-SD...or a Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical 92G...all are currently in production.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Guess I'll wait for that one and the price drop after all the "me first" types burn off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Bruniton version could happen down the road I guess. But there has not been any kind of indication that the M9A3 will be anything other than FDE.

I guess I'm one of those "me first" types this time around. I've got a couple on order/spoken for. I'm buying from a "Trident level" Beretta dealer. I can't give his price because of MAP. But it's a great deal and below the $999 you see at several places. Price is shipped and all. Which is great considering these guns will come packed in an FDE colored ammo can. So shipping ain't ten dollars.

I suggest folks that want an M9A3 sooner rather than later to check with their dealers that are the highest Beretta dealer, Trident level (these guys move $100,000+ of Beretta products in a year). They may be able to get you the gun for a fantastic price right off the bat. Of course the pricing of the gun could drop months or years afterwards. But that's all a guessing game.

Considering Beretta's MO. The $1100 MSRP isn't surprising. Then in turn. The $1000 prices showing up online aren't surprising either. But they can be found for cheaper if you look or get lucky right now.

I'm anxiously waiting. It will probably be a couple months till they show up. Word is, that late October is when they'll be shipping. Per dealers that have talked with Beretta reps. Both of mine will probably be shot. But one will probably be an occasional carry piece to suppliment my carry Brig Tac. But it will mainly be the new designated beside gun and suppressor host. Beside gun with the suppressor attached.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A Bruniton version could happen down the road I guess. But there has not been any kind of indication that the M9A3 will be anything other than FDE.

I guess I'm one of those "me first" types this time around. I've got a couple on order/spoken for. I'm buying from a "Trident level" Beretta dealer. I can't give his price because of MAP. But it's a great deal and below the $999 you see at several places. Price is shipped and all. Which is great considering these guns will come packed in an FDE colored ammo can. So shipping ain't ten dollars.

I suggest folks that want an M9A3 sooner rather than later to check with their dealers that are the highest Beretta dealer, Trident level (these guys move $100,000+ of Beretta products in a year). They may be able to get you the gun for a fantastic price right off the bat. Of course the pricing of the gun could drop months or years afterwards. But that's all a guessing game.

Considering Beretta's MO. The $1100 MSRP isn't surprising. Then in turn. The $1000 prices showing up online aren't surprising either. But they can be found for cheaper if you look or get lucky right now.

I'm anxiously waiting. It will probably be a couple months till they show up. Word is, that late October is when they'll be shipping. Per dealers that have talked with Beretta reps. Both of mine will probably be shot. But one will probably be an occasional carry piece to suppliment my carry Brig Tac. But it will mainly be the new designated beside gun and suppressor host. Beside gun with the suppressor attached.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since you aren't naming the dealer why can't you tell us your super secret price?
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It will almost certainly be more than $750. With night sights, a slide that is convertible from "G" to "FS", Cerakote, and the threaded barrel option, I think you are looking at $8-900 at a minimum.

The new Vertec is $750, the Wilson Combat Brig Tac is about $1200, the 92G-SD is about $1100, and the M9A3 doesn't have the Brig slide so maybe subtract $100 or so. I expect the street price for non-threaded right at a grand, and with threaded bbl at about $1100 or so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The HOW MUCH is more interesting to me than the WHEN.  It's not going to be cheap.

The crucial point, as you note, is price. If the street prices on these are too much more than about 750 at most it's going to be a really hard sell I think for most people. How much does a Vertec cost these days?

It will almost certainly be more than $750. With night sights, a slide that is convertible from "G" to "FS", Cerakote, and the threaded barrel option, I think you are looking at $8-900 at a minimum.

The new Vertec is $750, the Wilson Combat Brig Tac is about $1200, the 92G-SD is about $1100, and the M9A3 doesn't have the Brig slide so maybe subtract $100 or so. I expect the street price for non-threaded right at a grand, and with threaded bbl at about $1100 or so.

I'll probably end up with one eventually, but I knew there was no way this would be a $750 gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Does anybody know if they are going to keep the A3 in production or is this going to be a limited run? I am interested in getting one, but at the current price it's going to take me some time to save.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I said YOLO, and bought a Wilson Combat Brigadier Tactical on Friday  (it'll be here Monday ), and preordered an M9A3 from Arms Unlimited as well. No more guns for a few months.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:46:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Are the sights on the M9A3 going to be high enought to clear a 1.37" OD suppressor?

The "shoot through the can" trick does not work for me - happy if it does for you, but not an option for me.

I've read conflicting statements about it - the first write up said it would, then other articles have not mentioned it, and in the photos, the sights don't look particulary high.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Are the sights on the M9A3 going to be high enought to clear a 1.37" OD suppressor?

The "shoot through the can" trick does not work for me - happy if it does for you, but not an option for me.

I've read conflicting statements about it - the first write up said it would, then other articles have not mentioned it, and in the photos, the sights don't look particulary high.
View Quote

I think the pictures of the gun on the Lipseys site are of the final production gun, which is a non-go in regard to suppressor height sights. The M9A3 is supposed to ship in about a month, so I don't see the gun changing much.

I feel you pain on the shoot thru the can thing. It's a pain.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 11:03:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, just doesn't work for me.  

It's too bad they didn't put high sights on it.  Would have only cost a little more, and with the barrel threading and such, it is supposed to be all set up for a supressor.

That, plus the grand price means I'll pass, until at least I see one on the used market in a few years.  I'm sure someone will make high sights for it, and I can swap them out then.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:02:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe you could find some sights that would work, since the rear AND front are dovetailed.  

I have to say this because I don't think anybody else has.  The present M9 is so right for me, I don't think I'd like that grip angle at all.  At all.  It's TOO straight up and down.  Moreso than any other pistol I can think of.  I never liked the vertec.  Although I've admittedly never fondled one.  The regular frame just points very intuitive for me.  I have a hard time believing that's not the case with a lot of other people.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maybe you could find some sights that would work, since the rear AND front are dovetailed.  

I have to say this because I don't think anybody else has.  The present M9 is so right for me, I don't think I'd like that grip angle at all.  At all.  It's TOO straight up and down.  Moreso than any other pistol I can think of.  I never liked the vertec.
View Quote

The M9A3 comes with an interchangeable grip to make it like the 92FS/M9.

ETA:

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have to say this because I don't think anybody else has.  The present M9 is so right for me, I don't think I'd like that grip angle at all.  At all.  It's TOO straight up and down.  Moreso than any other pistol I can think of. I never liked the vertec.  Although I've admittedly never fondled one.  The regular frame just points very intuitive for me.  I have a hard time believing that's not the case with a lot of other people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Ernest Langdon class? I know he was toting around two M9A3's.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, I had the pleasure of receiving instruction from Ernest recently.  And while the M9A3s were intriguing, I have to say that the custom 92G with the Wilson Combat trigger bar, trigger job and 12# spring stole the show.  Damn smooth trigger.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yes, I had the pleasure of receiving instruction from Ernest recently.  And while the M9A3s were intriguing, I have to say that the custom 92G with the Wilson Combat trigger bar, trigger job and 12# spring stole the show.  Damn smooth trigger.
View Quote

What's the big ole piece of material where the lanyard usually is?  A beefier lanyard?  Those are nice.  

Bassgasm, you got me there.  LOL.  

Airborne Intantryman, thanks for the tip on that.  I didn't realize.  I still think that grip is way more vertical than what makes sense, but I guess some people may like it that way.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
What's the big ole piece of material where the lanyard usually is?  A beefier lanyard?  Those are nice.  

Airborne Intantryman, thanks for the tip on that.  I didn't realize.  I still think that grip is way more vertical than what makes sense, but I guess some people may like it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are talking about the 2 black beretta's they are wilson combat mag guides. The work pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Do they still have a slot for a lanyard?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#28]
No; they're intended to speed reloads.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Bummer.  I actually like the idea of a lanyard.  I've never used one yet, but for a SHTF gun, or boating or something, I like that it has it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Any idea of an official shipping now date?

Also for $950ish would you rather take one of these or a 92G-SD?
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Really?

A modified frame, threaded barrel, night sights, and FDE finish, and you expected the A3 to be within $100-150 of a plain A1?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

Really?

A modified frame, threaded barrel, night sights, and FDE finish, and you expected the A3 to be within $100-150 of a plain A1?

Yes exactly like I said. Upgrading the frame should cost really nothing more than any other frame or maybe an extra $20 to do. It's not like they are modifying a regular 92 from the start. Night sights, add $90. FDE finish won't cost more than the regular finish that's on standard 92s. Threaded barrel?  What? An extra $15 in manufacturing costs?  No, sorry over priced. It's not like it's some custom handmade build from WC.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Not sure how you're getting those prices.  I wonder who makes their barrels but threading a barrel for 15 dollars?  I realize there is a difference between getting something like that done as a custom and a large manufacture....  but that don't seem right.  And I wonder if they had to do new tooling for the frames, or if they're modified, or if it is CNC.  I have no clue.

I think guns in general are too expensive.  LOL.  But who knows if the prices are justifiable.  I guess it just depends on if someone is willing to pay for it or not.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes exactly like I said. Upgrading the frame should cost really nothing more than any other frame or maybe an extra $20 to do. It's not like they are modifying a regular 92 from the start. Night sights, add $90. FDE finish won't cost more than the regular finish that's on standard 92s. Threaded barrel?  What? An extra $15 in manufacturing costs?  No, sorry over priced. It's not like it's some custom handmade build from WC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

Really?

I agree with your comments Fig. I own a 92FS and a Vertec. I don't see any real difference between the A3 frame and the Vertec other than the horizontal checkering cuts. As for threading the barrel, wouldn't another 20 seconds in the machine center be enough for that?

I have also been lusting after the A3, but considering the delays and pricing I went with the Vertec instead. Besides the threaded barrel (Which I don't need), frame checkering, and the finish the guns are the same. The Vertec is also available in Inox which I prefer.

I'm happy and saved money. For me the Inox Vertec with a set of Trijicons was the right choice.

iPotato shot of my busy desk and the Vertec.

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I agree with your comments Fig. I own a 92FS and a Vertec. I don't see any real difference between the A3 frame and the Vertec other than the horizontal checkering cuts. As for threading the barrel, wouldn't another 20 seconds in the machine center be enough for that?

I have also been lusting after the A3, but considering the delays and pricing I went with the Vertec instead. Besides the threaded barrel (Which I don't need), frame checkering, and the finish the guns are the same. The Vertec is also available in Inox which I prefer.

I'm happy and saved money. For me the Inox Vertec with a set of Trijicons was the right choice.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w498/jpreilly/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspuffhwgy.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

Really?

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w498/jpreilly/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspuffhwgy.jpg

I envy you as that is a sweet handgun!  I love the 92 series.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

Really?

I love Berettas!  Man, I love that pistol of yours!  I hope the price goes down as I am really excited to buy an A3.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 5:11:55 AM EDT
[#36]
some dealers now offering street price BELOW MAP.

So price will most likely be lower than the $950 of botach
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone wake me up when Bud's has them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

View Quote

I agree with the above's sentiment. If this price is held by Beretta then I'm out like Cosmo Kramer. Yes, I understand it has premium features such as a threaded barrel, a (shitty) Cerakote scheme, a Vertec frame, and supposedly a G-Conversion slide. I understand this costs money. If they could eliminate the first two, give me the last two, normalize the price and retain an interchangeable front sight then I'm back in the game.

If I'm spending around $900 on a handgun, it's going to be an HK if I want to be tactical or a CZ/Grand Power if I want to be competitive.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I agree with the above's sentiment. If this price is held by Beretta then I'm out like Cosmo Kramer. Yes, I understand it has premium features such as a threaded barrel, a (shitty) Cerakote scheme, a Vertec frame, and supposedly a G-Conversion slide. I understand this costs money. If they could eliminate the first two, give me the last two, normalize the price and retain an interchangeable front sight then I'm back in the game.

If I'm spending around $900 on a handgun, it's going to be an HK if I want to be tactical or a CZ/Grand Power if I want to be competitive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dear, Beretta

considering the MSRP on a bare bones Sig MK25 is roughly the same for MUCH less of a gun....you're over reacting. Plus street price is under $900 :-)
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear, Beretta

Money isn't an issue. More M9A3's for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Could you PM me the dealer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And money isn't what I'm truly discussing, it's my perceived value of the product ha. I'll admit I have been on a consolidating binge though - maybe when I start collecting handguns for the hell of it again I'll look more into the M9A3.

considering the MSRP on a bare bones Sig MK25 is roughly the same for MUCH less of a gun....you're over reacting. Plus street price is under $900 :-)

No real reaction from me, sorry if I came off that way! I agree about Sig Sauer as their new line never appealed to me, but I did like the look and the value of the European police trade-ins for sure. I want Beretta to succeed with the M9A3, at whatever price they set it. I'm just sold on it at one price and not so much at another.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$890 street price

https://www.richiespng.com/product.php?item=671691

http://www.compactfirearms.com/beretta-m9a3-9mm-fde-4-9-17-1-tb-sfty.html

Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:23:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Wonder why they removed the palm swell on the backstrap.  I know it's personal preference, but it's a trend that has disqualified quite a few pistols from my consideration.  They feel like shit without it IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm glad to see the price sliding downwards.  The closer it gets to my magic number, the closer I get to having a fine new pistol.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Wonder why they removed the palm swell on the backstrap.  I know it's personal preference, but it's a trend that has disqualified quite a few pistols from my consideration.  They feel like shit without it IMHO.
View Quote

Because the smaller frame makes it more approachable for more shooters, and the add-on grip gives you the same palm swell as an option?  Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, I'd be OK with them going this way for the whole line.

I just put a deposit down on an A3 with a significantly lower final price than MAP
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Because the smaller frame makes it more approachable for more shooters, and the add-on grip gives you the same palm swell as an option?  Kind of a no-brainer if you ask me, I'd be OK with them going this way for the whole line.

I just put a deposit down on an A3 with a significantly lower final price than MAP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda like my Vertec with the option of adding the palm swell back in using the grips.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What was the final price?  I'm just interested in what these are really selling for.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What was the final price?  I'm just interested in what these are really selling for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$870 shipped
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Did they give an anticipated delivery?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top