Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2015 6:46:48 PM EDT
I want to upgrade my recoil spring in ky 92a1 to the wilson guide rod and spring. The 92a1 I have the unit is completely assembled together, and the spring doesn't come off the plastic guide rod. I have seen it noted that you need some sort of a washer or spacer for the 92a1, but the only washer or spacer I have is plastic and appears to be part of the existing guide rod.

So, how do I get it off? Where do I get the ring or spacer if I can't?

Also, what sort of round count would you replace recoil spring and does the blue spacer in the bottom of the frame ever need replacement?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I had this same question about 6 months ago. I replaced my 92a1 guide rod with the wilson and a wolf 13 lb spring. So far I have about 500-800 rounds though it with zero problems since the replacement. Wilson says they do not need the washer on their website so I did not put one in and it is working great. I even asked on berettaforum and they all told me to not use the washer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some small tabs on the plastic guide rod that can be pushed in to disassemble. Use a small screwdriver or something similar to push them in. I used the original spring when I replaced my guide rod and it works fine, also saved on having to buy a new spring
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
contact WAL on beretta forum he sells a steel bushing for $5 for the 92 and 96 a1 i got one from him for my 96a1 i just got
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The Wilson guide rod doesn't need the washer when used in the 92A1.  Says so right there in the product description last time I checked.  Just install the Wilson guide rod with the recoil spring of your choice and you are in business.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Wilson guide rod doesn't need the washer when used in the 92A1.  Says so right there in the product description last time I checked.  Just install the Wilson guide rod with the recoil spring of your choice and you are in business.
View Quote

This is what I did and so far so good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top