Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 12:01:59 AM EDT
My M9 barrel is not chrome lined, WTF? I thought all  the 92's / M9's came with them.  I received the pistol as a birthday gift in November and did not get a chance to shoot it until a few weeks ago, thats when i relized the barrel was not chromed.  I am a little disapointed that it is not CL'ed because it is a commercial copy of the Mil. M9 and should have the CL barrel.  Should i not worry about it or should i contact Beretta and ask them about it? UPDATE.  I called Beretta today and spoke with one of their Techs to ask if all commercial M9 barrels are chrome lined. He told me that the U.S. made barrels are chromed and then treated with a special process that Beretta developed that blackens the chrome lining.  I asked him if it was a salt bath nitride (Melonite) process and he said he could not discuss it with me, all he would say that it was a special process they had developed.  Sounds like Melonite to me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Any chance that the barrel is stainless steel instead of standard?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry about it. Chrome lined barrels are actually less accurate than non-lined barrels. Barrel makers say it's impossible to make the chrome lining even throughout the entire barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought every modern non-stainless 92 had a chrome lined barrel.  How did you decide it's not chrome lined?  Some models have chrome showing at the muzzle and some don't, even though they both have fully chrome lined barrels.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did you decide it's not chrome lined?  Some models have chrome showing at the muzzle and some don't, even though they both have fully chrome lined barrels.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did you decide it's not chrome lined?  Some models have chrome showing at the muzzle and some don't, even though they both have fully chrome lined barrels.

This.

My M9A1 barrel is chrome lined. Its clearly visible from muzzle.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Looking at the crown and into the bore there is no sign of chrome, my 85F has clearly visable chrome at the crown and in the bore.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Contact Beretta and ask them about it .
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

As is my M9A1 and surplus FN manufactured M9 barrel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Send your non-chrome lined barrel to ROBAR and have the NP3 Plus job.  It will last forever and be easy to clean too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Send your non-chrome lined barrel to ROBAR and have the NP3 Plus job.  It will last forever and be easy to clean too.
View Quote

They don't refinish the inside of the barrel with NP3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top