Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2015 11:37:30 PM EDT
3 new guns in 3 weeks  :

I picked up a new PX4 9mm Compact. It still has the rotating barrel, but is smaller than the fullsize. It's about the size of the P2000 I got recently.

I decided that I already have some Beretta 92's and a couple of 1911s for fullsize range guns. I'm always rotating my collection for something new, but rarely do I buy different carry gun. The guns just sit in the safe until I get around to shooting a particular one every few months.

After doing that for so many years, I decided to do something different. Now I have several carry guns - guns I can rotate thru whenever I get the urge. But, they'll see some actual use.

I shot my fullsize PX4 last week a little prior to shooting my HK P2000sk last week. Fell back in love with it. Played with a PX4 compact earlier this week, and decided to get one.

I just got back from the range with it. Shoots very good. I shoot it about equal to the similar size HKP2000 9mm I got 2 weeks ago. The DA pull is a little lighter on the PX4s than on the HKs, though. The new PX4 compact worked 100% with both FMJ and JHP. I also did both two handed and one handed shooting all in DA for every shot, and some shots at the end of the indoor range (15 yards). I am very satisfied with the gun.

So, I got the HK P2000, P2000sk and PX4 compact in the last 3 weeks. The new gun train is done for now... Outta money now  

Here is my Pair-O-PX4s:

And Pair-o-HKs:

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Get some stealth levers for it (or do the Type G mod on your standard levers) And you have one hell of a carry gun.

My EDC

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That is nice.

However, I think I am in the minority - I do not like the G thing that much. I've had over 25 Beretta 92s over the years - I am just so used to the FS style of safety.

I previously bought a PX4 years ago, and I had the chance at a G model with stealth levers and night sights already on it (a police package). I personally am happy with it as is. But thanks for the suggestion.

I may ad night sights eventually - that will likely be it
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is nice.

However, I think I am in the minority - I do not like the G thing that much. I've had over 25 Beretta 92s over the years - I am just so used to the FS style of safety.

I previously bought a PX4 years ago, and I had the chance at a G model with stealth levers and night sights already on it (a police package). I personally am happy with it as is. But thanks for the suggestion.

I may ad night sights eventually - that will likely be it
View Quote

Right on. The PX4 Compact is a great gun as is, I just like to tinker.

Night sights can be tough to find for these. I picked mine up off of bhphotovideo.com . They seem to have them in stock quite steadily.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't trust anyone local. I would just send the slide to Trijicon, likely.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Is you slide NP3'd or hard chromed?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Ship, Whatcha doing over here?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey Ship, Whatcha doing over here?
View Quote

I'm everywhere :)

I think I'm on every gun forum known to man :p
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tungsten Cerakote.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tungsten Cerakote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tungsten Cerakote.

Ah, ok. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top