Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2015 12:26:23 PM EDT
Anyone use this pistol for ccw purposes? How is it as an edc weapon? Any issues? I know its still, a relatively large/heavy handgun, even in the compact size.  If it matters, I'm 6'5" 250lbs, 36in waist.   Basically down to either the compact with rail, or an m&p compact 45 (already have the full size)
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife just got the 92FS Compact with the rail, and she loves it. It is her CCW, and is around the same size, grip-wise, as the Glock 19. It's thicker and heavier, but I like it as well. Very easy to conceal and VERY accurate and light recoiling.

I will tell you right now though, if you do not like the fixed three dot sights, I would go with something else as I have not found any place that can dovetail the front sight of the 92FS. It's a fixed sight that is machined directly into the slide.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you take a flashlight in a dark place with your pistol those 3 white dot sights show up very well.  If you have to have night sights these guys are the ones to use.  They do not dovetail the front sight, but drill it and insert the night sight vial.

Tooltech Gunsights
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I've read in many sources that the standard 92 slide cannot be dovetailed - it would threaten the slide's structural integrity
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I cc a M9A1, no issues. I'd love a compact but they are verboden here in CA due to the Roster.

ToolTech did my tritiums and they are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I love the 92 compacts, I find they balance perfectly. Of course, I can't carry anything near the size, though. I am a big guy but I live in Texas, where I spend most of the time in T-shirts and shorts.

You may have a harder time finding a holster for the 92c with rail, I have not found one for my 92fs-cc or my 96D-c (though I haven't really looked recently)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top