Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2015 5:41:09 PM EDT
Been wanting another full size 9mm. Was set on another Glock, but really digging the new Beretta.  Even like the color.
Im guessing, they should come in at $750-800ish.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Been wanting another full size 9mm. Was set on another Glock, but really digging the new Beretta.  Even like the color.
Im guessing, they should come in at $750-800ish.
View Quote

Based on the prices of the re-release models such as the Brigadier and 92G-SD.  The guns were not new designs and the Brigadier is anywhere between $650 and $800 with one place carrying the 92G-SD for $1200 or so.

I think the M9A3 will probably be $1500.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#2]
1500? That is about twice as much as id be willing to pay. Beretta trying to follow in the footsteps of their military issue pretascesor and extract 4 figures from fan boys of the 92 series or mil issue pieces? I have an m9a1 in route as we speak. Maybe ill fall head over heals for the platform. Enough to scrape up more than a grand for a new version. Idk

All in my opinion. Time will tell
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Part of the selling point of the M9A3 was supposed to be cheaper to produce. It better not be more than about $650 or it's going to flop (and may anyways, depending on what the military does).
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd just wait and see.  If you don't like it or the price, you can always just buy a Glock then.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Part of the selling point of the M9A3 was supposed to be cheaper to produce. It better not be more than about $650 or it's going to flop (and may anyways, depending on what the military does).
View Quote

Cheaper to produce for THE MILITARY probably.  I'm waiting to see what MSRP looks like, because I need a Beretta 92 product in the safe.  Given the pricing on the newly released models, I have low expectations it will be around $650.  I may have to settle for the plain jane M9.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Cheaper to produce for THE MILITARY probably.  I'm waiting to see what MSRP looks like, because I need a Beretta 92 product in the safe.  Given the pricing on the newly released models, I have low expectations it will be around $650.  I may have to settle for the plain jane M9.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would that matter? Lower cost of production due to design changes for easier/low cost manufacture is what it is. Now I wouldn't be surprised if they at least start out higher ("skimming the cream" so to speak) but if the M9A1 is in the $600-650 range the M9A3 shouldn't be higher (ultimately) if the design was modified to reduce cost of production (regardless of destination). I think the sweet spot for volume sales success in the combat handgun market is $400-600. If you go above that you have to really stand out from the pack.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. Nobody from Beretta ever claimed that the retail price would be cheaper than the current crop of 92s. All that was said was that the M9A3 contract would save the DoD money versus the existing M9 contract. The armchair economists on the gun forums took that and ran. "But I DESERVE an M9A3 for cheaper than an M9A1"   I'll tell you who's going to be paying for the R&D that went into the M9A3's new features: Not Beretta.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a 92fs with one round through it for 500$ after putting about 200 rounds through it I'm hitting clays at 60 yards no prob. I don't see why you need rails and all this fancy crap. Also no feed problems and no failures of any kind. I also really like the sights.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The main reason I want one is for the decocker only option. If it ends up being more than $800 I'll probably just get a Wilson Combat
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The main reason I want one is for the decocker only option. If it ends up being more than $800 I'll probably just get a Wilson Combat
View Quote

My sentiments exactly.  If I drink too much and feel frisky, I'll order the Wilson.  If I want to be a cheaper bastard, I'll get the M9 and just leave the safety off all the time.  Hopefully the M9A3 will come in at a nice price point that won't make me order the Wilson.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I noticed the brigadier comes stock with a D spring, no reference to a heavier recoil spring however. I was unaware the D spring swap was so main stream to the point a company like Wilson would do it, insinuating it's dependable in a standard sa/da

I mean in terms of the possibility of light primer strikes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top