Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2015 2:06:46 PM EDT
I know the 92SB was the model submitted for the Army trials (before there was an M9 or M92FS)--visually, the only real difference I can see offhand is the rounded trigger guard on the 92SB as opposed to the more square trigger guard on the 92FS/M9.

So looking at it, I can't see why 92SB (full-sized version) slides would not be interchangeable with 92FS or M9 slides, but does anyone know for certain?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Not interchangeable but the FS slide will fit on an SB and function fine, including the firing pin safety.  The SB will not fit on the FS though because there is no relief cut in the slide.  It will fit on a 92F though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not interchangeable but the FS slide will fit on an SB and function fine, including the firing pin safety.  The SB will not fit on the FS though because there is no relief cut in the slide.  It will fit on a 92F though.
View Quote

Thank you for this info!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering if any other slide would fit the 92s?
thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Any slide with a firing pin block will not work on a 92S without modification because the gun won't fire.  It will probably fit though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What would it take to modify it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:01:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any slide with a firing pin block will not work on a 92S without modification because the gun won't fire.  It will probably fit though.
View Quote

Seems to make sense--I was able to fit a G slide on a 92S but it would not fire, so it seems you are correct there.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:01:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not aware of any simple way to modify it safely.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#8]
thank you for your help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top