Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2015 12:54:12 PM EDT
So I've had the 92G Brig Tac for a week now and I'm pretty happy wth it. The SA trigger pull is measuring right at 4lbs while the the DA pull is steady at just over 9lbs. Fit and finish is first class with the Wilson Armor-Tuff finish and their legendary attention to detail. The Wilson rear battle sight and Trijicon front are a nice upgrade over the stock irons. I love the look of the shorter flush cut barrel and fluted steel guide rod. The nicest upgrade by far are the WC labeled G10
Grips, they feel amazing and give the gun a great purchase for the user. The slide is dare I say as smooth as my WC CWB Elite too.

I think the gun has had the right improvements to make the M9 platform a viable updated battle sidearm and the fact that you can attain a Wilson labeled firearm for less than half of their most inexpensive 1911 is pretty cool. I think that the handgun is appropriately priced considering the enhancements made, but with the onset of the M9A3 I think I would like to reserve my final evaluation until I can get my hands on one of those for a comparison. The M9A3 will have an improved adjustable grip system and a threaded barrel, neither of those are present on the Brig Tac and honestly I wish that it would have come with the threaded barrel. If the M9A3 comes in under the $1195 price tag of the Brig Tac then I would like to think that it will be a better buy.

Here are a few pics.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely thrilled with mine too.  Everything about it is just smoooooth.    I, too, think the price is reasonable.  M9A3 pricing won't make a wits difference to me in all honesty.  Besides the threaded barrel (and lets see if that makes production), it has nothing over the BrigTac in features.  In fact, if I spec'ed an M92, the Brig Tac would be it.  Wilson knocked it out of the park with this gun as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I would buy one IF it were available w/o the light rail.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That is such a sexy gun. I would love to have one. I really hope it performs as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is such a sexy gun. I would love to have one. I really hope it performs as good as it looks.
View Quote

It does.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Kick ass.  How does it shoot compared to an M9?

Really considering this one...
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is not THAT much different than an M9.  But it is decidedly a better gun.   Tight.  No slop.  Smoooooooth.   Impeccably finished.  All steel parts.  Night sights.  Replaceable front sight.  And most importantly to me, it is a G model M92.  

After leaving the Marine Corps, I had little interest in ever shooting an M9 again.  This gun changed that.  It just feels "right."  Not sure how else to say it.  It is quickly become my favorite handgun to shoot.  And I have a bunch of handguns...including a Wilson CQB-E.   I'd buy this gun again in a heartbeat.   Read all the various online reviews.  I've yet to see a negative thing said from ANYONE who has actually purchased this gun, much less any regrets over the purchase.   My experiences are same.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is not THAT much different than an M9.  But it is decidedly a better gun.   Tight.  No slop.  Smoooooooth.   Impeccably finished.  All steel parts.  Night sights.  Replaceable front sight.  And most importantly to me, it is a G model M92.  

After leaving the Marine Corps, I had little interest in ever shooting an M9 again.  This gun changed that.  It just feels "right."  Not sure how else to say it.  It is quickly become my favorite handgun to shoot.  And I have a bunch of handguns...including a Wilson CQB-E.   I'd buy this gun again in a heartbeat.   Read all the various online reviews.  I've yet to see a negative thing said from ANYONE who has actually purchased this gun, much less any regrets over the purchase.   My experiences are same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I couldn't agree more. I've never even considered the M9 before because of all of the bad press I've heard from former mil on it. After this gun my entire view on the M9 and Beretta handguns in general has changed. Granted this isn't your typical factory Beretta but honestly short of some love it isn't far off from one. I think anyone who currently owns an M9 and is just underwhelmed by it should send it to Wilson and let them work their magic on it, it completely transforms this platform. I too own a Wilson CQB Elite and I'd say that the slide on the Brig Tac is every bit as smooth as it. On my way out the door now to show it some love at the range.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Beautiful weapon. If they made one in SAO, it would be my ideal pistol.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to getting mine.  Just curoius, when did you place your order?  I ordered mine from WC back in December.  Haven't received any update as of yet.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Looking forward to getting mine.  Just curoius, when did you place your order?  I ordered mine from WC back in December.  Haven't received any update as of yet.
View Quote

The day after WC said the order banks were open I ordered it, early November if I recall correctly, It came in at the beginning of the year. The LGS I ordered it through is a premier Wilson dealer and they ordered 7 of them, they were all already spoken for before they even arrived. The wait will be worth it, this is a sweet little pistola.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#11]
NIce gun. I just wanted to add. The finish on these guns are all, 100% Beretta. Bruniton paint and black anodizing. Yes, these guns were spec'd to Wilson Combats specs (steel parts, rounded trigger guard, "G", etc). All the features is what Bill Wilson wanted. And the guns were hand picked for tight tolerances (frame to slide fit mainly. You can get a really tight production gun. Or it can have slight wiggle). And WC provided some parts to Beretta. But these guns were 100% made (minus WC parts) and assembled by Beretta USA. Then they were shipped off to WC for distribution.

These certainly are very accurate. But I've seen no evidence they're anymore accurate than an average M9/92.

Obviously a fine gun still. Just wanted to add a little info.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.  I heard back from WC today, they said I should expect mine to ship in 1 or 2 weeks.  

Quoted:

The day after WC said the order banks were open I ordered it, early November if I recall correctly, It came in at the beginning of the year. The LGS I ordered it through is a premier Wilson dealer and they ordered 7 of them, they were all already spoken for before they even arrived. The wait will be worth it, this is a sweet little pistola.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
NIce gun. I just wanted to add. The finish on these guns are all, 100% Beretta. Bruniton paint and black anodizing. Yes, these guns were spec'd to Wilson Combats specs (steel parts, rounded trigger guard, "G", etc). All the features is what Bill Wilson wanted. And the guns were hand picked for tight tolerances (frame to slide fit mainly. You can get a really tight production gun. Or it can have slight wiggle). And WC provided some parts to Beretta. But these guns were 100% made (minus WC parts) and assembled by Beretta USA. Then they were shipped off to WC for distribution.

These certainly are very accurate. But I've seen no evidence they're anymore accurate than an average M9/92.

Obviously a fine gun still. Just wanted to add a little info.
View Quote

This is true.  However, as I stated earlier, to my preferences, these are the best "M9s" one can get.  No need to convert the safety or change out any plastic parts or cross fingers and hope you get a "tight" fitting gun.  Also, a replaceable front night sight and WC rear sight...plus the stocks.  Given what the limited release G-SDs are going for, this gun is a nice value IMO.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Been seriously considering one of these, but don't want to add anything to the collection that isn't a suppressor host.  Is there any reason why a factory barrel that has been threaded won't drop in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top