Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 7:19:26 PM EDT
Grabbed one of those police trade-in 92S models from PSA a few weeks back.  After spending far too much time trying to find the right grips I took it to the range and this thing actually shoots great.  I'm pleased with what I got.  Only issues I've found are the slight holster wear marks in the finish, and when I first opened the box it had some surface rust spotting which a thorough cleaning took care of without leaving any marks or pitting behind.

Just curious to know if there are any internals I should look at and/or replace due to age/wear.  Also, are any other Beretta model parts interchangeable with this 92S?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
These guns where shipped back to Beretta for overhaul upon or just prior to reimportation. All major service work should have already been completed. With that said, upon complete break down of my gun to clean that nasty yellow preservation lube out of the gun, I found multiple large pieces of rag/cloth stuck inside the trigger assembly and underneath the hammer. Once that was all cleaned it we were good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top