Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 3:44:34 PM EDT
so for the last few months ive been carrying a beretta 92fs Usa made in a black hawk serpa holster, im a very active person and work in an auto shop,  
but recently ont he tip of the beaver tail it almost is starting to look like the finish has been rubbed compleatly off on te left sidde of the bever tail on the tip of it, not sure if this is a normal wear on it from dayly carry? or if it could be enviroment im in, but just curious if its that way for anyone else here.
I can post pictures later if i need, not sure if that wear is from constant wear  (as in 4-10 hours a day evey day for nearly the last year excluding the days i conceal my other gun and dontn carry this one) but ive only noticed this just recently
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Most police weapons I observed looked like this and just about every M9 that was in one of my racks was similar. Use and wear cause the finish be it the black paint on the steel or the aluminum anodized to go away.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I asumed it was pretty much how I carry but i baby my guns so anything liek other then holster wear or normal stuff I question,
its just the 92fs not the m9 no light rail, but i carry a light with me.
I bought this used for 500, 8 mags, 3 holsters (didnt like one and sold it cheep) and carry case and some other stuff, gun was perfect the holsters were NIB, and all but the factory mag,
theguy put 2 50 rd boxes through it, and wel. the condition reflected that, the guy just didnt like it couldnt return it, i got an apraisial at a local lshop was offered 700 for the whole package. he siad he would sell it for 800
its not in my name, but i have a bill of sail from that guy and the originall bill and transfer papers that he got when he bought it,
just wanted to cheack with othr beretta owners about the wear bc my XDM rides same plce but is closer to body when i carry and has perfect finish but the poly gets anoyign if i wear short sleaves (its why its my concealment gun now)
but thank you i figued it woul dseem like a stupid question or nothig too abnormal, i plan on putting fiberoptic front sights, and changing back sights threded barren and a supressor in the future, maybe some custom grips... but i lke the big handle and wide profile i have big hands
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
A 92/M9 feels so good in the hands.  IMHO.  I've carried mine a little but not enough to wear the finish.  So....  it's probably normal.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#4]
thats what i figured if someone was to carry it every day for 8-9 months in say an autoshop environment lots of movement solvents and chemicals around ii felid strip and clean weekly, and i do detailed cleanse monthly wit as detailed as i reasonably can get (i dont undo the tapered pins that are holding in through the top)
so ammo is costly because i only chamber my defense ammo one time and then its range brass, at 150 a shot once a week, but with that 13lb return spring (i think thats what it is the bullet gets jamed down in the brass after 3-5 times chambering and im not taking chances.) i have had plans to maybe duracote the outside but i dont think i will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top