Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2014 11:18:25 PM EDT
Planning on getting 2-3 at the surplus store to convert for my SIG .
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
in short, no.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
No, the factory civilian Italian mags are good.
Some of the airtronics are shit (don't feed well) others are okay.
ETA: see bold above for clarity
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Italian mags with AL floorplates are shit. They break and shit the rounds al over the place. CMI makes the USGI mags and they have steel floorplates and dont exhibit this problem. I always purge the Italian mags when I go to a new command.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Italian mags with AL floorplates are shit. They break and shit the rounds al over the place. CMI makes the USGI mags and they have steel floorplates and dont exhibit this problem. I always purge the Italian mags when I go to a new command.
View Quote

Just getting into 92s.  How can you tell?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the Mec-Gar mags good to go as well?  I'm looking at the 18rd AFC mags as well as the phosphate-coated 15rd mags.  I know Mec-Gars work great in my Sigs, BHP's, CZ's, and S&W's, so I'm guessing the Beretta mags are no exception.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, Mecgar mags are fantastic. They make factory mags for some gun companies. And, once upon a time, they actually made factory mags for Beretta
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, ordered a few of the 18's and a 20.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top