Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2014 2:28:26 AM EDT
A seller on GB has a ton of them in various conditions. I had one briefly and due to the panic it was hard to find 380 ammo I let it go but what is your take on the pistol?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably Coles Distributing...
I bought an 84F from them a year ago, and it has become one of my favorite handguns.
Accurate, reliable, and 14rds of 380 in a compact package.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Fantastic pistols. But when 9mm options are available in similar size, action type, capacity (and greater) and cheaper/more available ammo the 84 upside is rather limited. But in countries that can't have above 380 for citizens it's one of the finest options.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It was the Glock 19 of its time... Compact size, packed a wallop (13+1 rds), Beretta quality and reliability... unfortunately the wheels of time kept turning, and it's simply been surpassed by newer, lighter, more powerful weapons.

Still a fine pistol, and I wouldn't hesitate to carry one if I owned one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent 9mm options exist in my house...but I like the 84F...it's what is in my belt right now.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and its a great gun.

I seldom carry it but doubt I'd sell it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Had one in the 80s and enjoyed it. Traded it for an engine later and regretted it.
Found a first run in good condition at a gun show, happy again.

Do not run + ammo in it. The slide will hammer the frame around where the guide rod passes through making it difficult to remove the slide.
Mine had a worn out recoil spring. Replaced it with a heavier one from Wolf.

Bit of a wide frame but a wonderful shooter.
I believe the 86 is a single stack (with half the load).
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up a brand new 84 today from the shop.  I had looked for one for a while and found one on Buds and bought it and had it transferred.  The only thing I don't like about it are all the legal warnings imprinted all over it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top