Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2014 9:53:44 PM EDT
I shot 43 rounds through my M9 yesterday and one ejected brass hit me in the head.  

This is my highest round count pistol but least mucked with.  I replaced the Recoil spring and mainspring on it at one time.  And the grips.  But that's it.  I've had my 1911 apart all the way, my HiPower, My Colt DS, AR's, Mossberg shotgun, M1A, Garand, 03a3, M1 Carbine etc etc you get the point.  

But for some reason when I think about taking this one apart, I get all nervous.  I think it's because it just plain works, never had an issue or jam, and I don't want to screw something up that is working so well.  I have to check my log but I'm in the neighborhood of 3500 rounds now, might be more and I think it might be time to clean the extractor out.  

Can anyone give me some good advice, tips, youtube videos or just plain courage to do it?  

I need to post pics, but I took a buddy to the range to help him sight in his deer guns and  the M9 as all I brought with for me.  God I love shooting that thing.  At 100 yards I can hit pieces of clay pigeons or at least be darn close to where I'm aiming at.  I was resting on top of sandbags though.  I'm not as good as I used to be offhand.  And I shot at a target at 50 yards.  Even my Double action shots are starting to hit closer to where I want since I've been practicing more that way.  I need to do a super anal test at 50 and 100 with it just for fun.  

But anyways.....  I know there are some downsides to the M9/92, but the upsides are there too.  In a big way.  I have started carrying it for concealed carry and I'm not real thrilled with it in that role.  But if I ever had to use it I would be glad I had that one instead of one that feels better on my hip.  Plus I need to get a better holster and I might feel differently.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Clean extractor, replace spring.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Strengthen wrist muscles
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strengthen wrist muscles
View Quote

How will that fix a mechanical component?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]
One out of 43 is no biggie keep shooting. I don't understand these threads sometimes- as long as the gun is running leave it alone. Now if you said I shot a box and half the cases hit my head the. You might be developing an issue. There are too many variables to blame the gun. One round that got a little less powder, limp wrist etc.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One out of 43 is no biggie keep shooting. I don't understand these threads sometimes- as long as the gun is running leave it alone. Now if you said I shot a box and half the cases hit my head the. You might be developing an issue. There are too many variables to blame the gun. One round that got a little less powder, limp wrist etc.
View Quote

True.  And thank you for giving me some perspective.  It's just that I don't remember it ever happening before.  I'm getting nervous because it's my highest round count pistol, has always worked, and I want to try and keep it that way.  It's my HD gun.  And I carry it some.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Only 50 rounds though my WC 92G BrigTac. Used 124gr Winchester NATO ammo. Ejection was nice and consistent. Came out of the ejection port nice and smooth at about 2 o'clock.

I've got a factory threaded Beretta barrel that I'll run some aluminum cased stuff through. These barrels are chrome lined whereas the WC 92G Beretta's are stainless steel. Don't believe they have chrome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top