Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 10:56:15 PM EDT
Has anyone swapped it out? I am interested to see what people here have replaced it with? Also how has the 92a1 been since? any problems? does the metal guide rod bang up the gun?

Update. I got the spring and rod from wilson today. It seemed to fit time and cycle the action/ load rounds. have not fired it yet. However I did notice there is a gap on the front where the rod is. The factory rod is slightly bigger. What I want to know is if this will hurt the firearm? People seem to use this with their 92a1 and not have problems. Should I but the bushing from brownells? Do I need this to make it work?

</a>Untitled by 1911xmd, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 92A1 with a wilson guide rod in it since almost day 1.

I am also running 9 lb recoil springs and a 19# 1911 hammer spring with 124 grain ammo running at 131k power factor.

The gun has the weirdest and strangest recoil impulse known to man but the gun is functionally 100%.  I have had zero feed related malfunctions and no other stoppages.

My current round count is 3,080 rounds.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I just called beretta today and the guy on the phone told me not to replace it and said it would not work with the Wilson.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe check berettaforum.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes well, that guy is wrong.

The Wilson rod works just fine.

Calling the factory to ask about replacement, aftermarket parts and whether or not they will work is almost always a losing endeavor.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

I have a 92A1 with a Wilson guide rod and a Wilson extra power recoil spring. No problems at all.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1

I have a 92A1 with a Wilson guide rod and a Wilson extra power recoil spring. No problems at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Do you guys need a bushing or anything for it? or just the rod and spring and thats it?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just the rod and the spring worked for me.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#8]
My 92A1 runs perfectly on every type of ammo I've fed it.  I still have the factory guide rod in mine and I thought about replacing it but it runs so well as is, I think I'll wait until it actually wears out or breaks before "upgrading".  I do plan to put a D spring in it but other than that, it's a great design as is.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My 92A1 runs perfectly on every type of ammo I've fed it.  I still have the factory guide rod in mine and I thought about replacing it but it runs so well as is, I think I'll wait until it actually wears out or breaks before "upgrading".  I do plan to put a D spring in it but other than that, it's a great design as is.
View Quote

Well mine runs 100% right now but it gets caught when taking the gun down and I have to force it off and the spring/ rod falls out.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#10]
new update with wilson rod.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top