Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2014 10:28:43 PM EDT
http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-beretta-brigadier-tactical.asp#.VFg4M8ntguM

'bout time. Based on their various small runs of special police contract guns (92Gs, Centurions, SDs, etc)m it was obvious Beretta always had the pieces required to put together the ultimate 92 series, but never seemed to figure it out unfortunately.

I'm glad Wilson Combat has taken up the initiative to do this.

Short list of features:
-G decocker
-Brigadier slide
-M9A1 frame
-match barrel
-Wilson Combat battlesights
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-beretta-brigadier-tactical.asp#.VFg4M8ntguM

'bout time. Based on their various small runs of special police contract guns (92Gs, Centurions, SDs, etc)m it was obvious Beretta always had the pieces required to put together the ultimate 92 series, but never seemed to figure it out unfortunately.

I'm glad Wilson Combat has taken up the initiative to do this.

Short list of features:
-G decocker
-Brigadier slide
-M9A1 frame
-match barrel
-Wilson Combat battlesights
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, that's nice.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:08:28 AM EDT
[#3]
At first I wanted them to shut up and take my money, but after thinking about it I'd rather have just a plain Jane 92G-SD for about half of the Wilson.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Little spendy for me but definitely sexy!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I read on the Beretta Forum, the pistol is actually built by Beretta to WC's specs and using a few WC parts. That's a little different than being put together by the Wilson gunsmiths in my opinion. WC is the exclusive distributor of the gun. I like the look and the feature set, but it is a bit spendy for a gun built by Beretta in Maryland.

ETA: That being said I am very tempted to order one. I'll have to sell something to get it - but what the hell - it won't be the first time I've done that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At first I wanted them to shut up and take my money, but after thinking about it I'd rather have just a plain Jane 92G-SD for about half of the Wilson.
View Quote

Buds lists the FS Brigadier at $730+ currently. I would be shocked if a G-SD-type pistol is less than $800. My guess is they will be priced similar to SIG Elites IF they are released.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Base Price $1195.00 and it isn't chambered in the right cartridge... .40 S&W.

Fuck that!

I'll stick with this...

My Beretta 96G Brigader Elite II
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good luck finding one.

This is actually a superior spec to the 92G-SD guns, as those guns didn't come with the Elite II spec barrel or fire control parts that this gun comes with. When I do see a 92G-SD for sale (or even an Elite II for that matter) it's usually north of $1,200 bucks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck finding one.

This is actually a superior spec to the 92G-SD guns, as those guns didn't come with the Elite II spec barrel or fire control parts that this gun comes with. When I do see a 92G-SD for sale (or even an Elite II for that matter) it's usually north of $1,200 bucks.

I meant a new production 92G-SD.  Or a 92G slide on an M9A1 frame. I'd pony up $640-650 for one.

Hey, I can wish while Beretta is rereleasing all these models, right?  The 92G, Cheetah(?), etc.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
It is a very nice pistol.  But at $1225 shipped for the base version, I am going to pass on it.  Hopefully, Beretta will make a 92GA1 version.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It looks like these guns are selling pretty quick, too...
View Quote

How quick? Like they're-pretty-much-gone quick?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like the first run is sold out! At least according to the Beretta Forum. Oh well. Beretta just announced they're offering the Brigadier Inox again, so it looks like I'm getting one of those instead!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm glad they're making these and I hope they sell like crazy.

I'm gonna have to sit this one out ecause I'm tight on cash right now and already have 92Gs purchased from the latest run.

It would really behoove Beretta to make the decocker/safety a special order option and make the G standard.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Not a fan of Beretta's, their nice though. They should of come with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Ditch the grip panels, the WC logos, and chamber it in .40 S&W and I'll buy one.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been watching the various teaser pics of this, and was mildly interested. Now that the full view is out, the thing is hideous IMO.  Hopefully this release means some parts are available for ambidextrous G conversions. After putting Trijicons on my 92A1, an ambi G configuration would  complete the gun for me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've been watching the various teaser pics of this, and was mildly interested. Now that the full view is out, the thing is hideous IMO.  Hopefully this release means some parts are available for ambidextrous G conversions. After putting Trijicons on my 92A1, an ambi G configuration would  complete the gun for me.
View Quote

I love it. In fact I finally bit the bullet so to speak and just ordered one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks alright but I'm happy with my stock 92a1 purchase.  Plus I get to add mods that I want as I go.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sure, you can wish.

Truth is that Beretta has an institutional dislike of making G series pistols available to the public. I talked to Ernie Langdon about the Elite guns some time ago (2009, maybe?) and he said it was like pulling teeth to get management to make a G series gun that wasn't being sold to some elite military/LE unit, and even then they would only do it for very limited run guns.

Beretta has done a release of G model guns recently, but this is probably the best spec that's going to emerge from Beretta for the forseeable future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I meant a new production 92G-SD.  Or a 92G slide on an M9A1 frame. I'd pony up $640-650 for one.

Hey, I can wish while Beretta is rereleasing all these models, right?  The 92G, Cheetah(?), etc.

Sure, you can wish.

Truth is that Beretta has an institutional dislike of making G series pistols available to the public. I talked to Ernie Langdon about the Elite guns some time ago (2009, maybe?) and he said it was like pulling teeth to get management to make a G series gun that wasn't being sold to some elite military/LE unit, and even then they would only do it for very limited run guns.

Beretta has done a release of G model guns recently, but this is probably the best spec that's going to emerge from Beretta for the forseeable future.

Well, hell, I went ahead and ordered one this evening.

All things considered, it's not an unreasonable price for what's being offered.

I do prefer the profile of the regular 4.9" barrel, but I'll get used to the Elite barrel profile.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#24]
I went ahead and ordered one last night near 21:00CST.

While the website said "In Stock" I may have delayed enough to get myself in the second wave.

At any rate, the website is now showing "Out of Stock."

Looking at the release schedule, I'm kind of glad I went ahead and placed an order for one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Very nice. I think I know what my next purchase is going to be.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  I own several Beretta 92/96 pistols.  I thought I only wanted an Inox to complete the collection.  Wilson Combat showed me I was wrong.  I wish this was releasing next year so I was better situated to pick one up, but I'll try to make due and get in on the last run in March.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yep.  I own several Beretta 92/96 pistols.  I thought I only wanted an Inox to complete the collection.  Wilson Combat showed me I was wrong.  I wish this was releasing next year so I was better situated to pick one up, but I'll try to make due and get in on the last run in March.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. I had a 92A1 was I really liked. But it was lacking in a lot of areas that would take too much time and money. When I sold it I thought to myself I'd love to get another beretta some point in in the future.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Just ordered one yesterday noon time.  The CSR rep told me that I might see it in December.  They are definitely on back order on the WC website and from what I've read, WC is only doing an initial run of 1K.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just ordered one yesterday noon time.  The CSR rep told me that I might see it in December.  They are definitely on back order on the WC website and from what I've read, WC is only doing an initial run of 1K.
View Quote

I really hope I made it in the first run of 250, even if it's part of the last 52(ish?) units next week of the initial 250.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#31]
We have been informed by customers and also found a few pistols sold locally with the wrong hammer spring and/or spring plug. Apparently some of the guns got assembled with the standard full power hammer spring and a few with plastic spring plugs. We are working with BUSA to sort out the issue and should have some replacement parts on the way to us shortly that we can send out (obviously N/C) next week.

Wilson Combat will start taking each gun out and checking them over prior to shipment in the future.

Very sorry for the inconvenience
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
We have been informed by customers and also found a few pistols sold locally with the wrong hammer spring and/or spring plug. Apparently some of the guns got assembled with the standard full power hammer spring and a few with plastic spring plugs. We are working with BUSA to sort out the issue and should have some replacement parts on the way to us shortly that we can send out (obviously N/C) next week.

Wilson Combat will start taking each gun out and checking them over prior to shipment in the future.

Very sorry for the inconvenience
View Quote

I would buy if they were in stock and I had the money!
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:40:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I want it but I'm so broke right now
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#34]

A very pretty gun, but I wish WC's spec also included not having that damn "don't be a dumbass" disclaimer stamped into the side of the pistol. This is the equivalent of having "don't drive drunk, do not operate vehicle above posted speed limits, do not text and drive" painted on the side of every car.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Finally got shipping info for my gun!

Anyone else here in ArfLand grab the first run of these Beretta's?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine is on the way.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Mine should be at the FFL this afternoon. Standby for pix if it's delivered!

ETA: Picked it up at lunchtime! Here's a quick cell pic I took here at work. It's covered in what seems like a gallon of oil.

First impressions: Fit is tight, more so than any other 92 variants I've owned, including a recent 92A1. It appears mine has the D-spring in it currently based on the trigger pull weight (a lot of the early guns were shipped with the standard-power spring instead of the D spring). Decocker is not overly stiff as others have reported and works just fine.

It's tits!

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ETA: Picked it up at lunchtime! Here's a quick cell pic I took here at work. It's covered in what seems like a gallon of oil.

First impressions: Fit is tight, more so than any other 92 variants I've owned, including a recent 92A1. It appears mine has the D-spring in it currently based on the trigger pull weight (a lot of the early guns were shipped with the standard-power spring instead of the D spring). Decocker is not overly stiff as others have reported and works just fine.

It's tits!

<a href="http://s406.photobucket.com/user/dkm455/media/WCBT1_zpsa541c3c6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/dkm455/WCBT1_zpsa541c3c6.jpg</a>
View Quote

Drool...mine arrives Friday!

I really wonder about why the pistol is covered in oil.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tits!

<a href="http://s406.photobucket.com/user/dkm455/media/WCBT1_zpsa541c3c6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp146/dkm455/WCBT1_zpsa541c3c6.jpg</a>

Its preservative...the pistol is metal, metal rusts in warehouses
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tits!

I guess I should clarify...covered in SO MUCH oil.

Then again I've never bought an all metal gun new from the factory before so I haven't experienced it
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Took the Brig Tac to the range - excellent pistol. Here's a quick shot after the post-range cleaning session with my M9A1 Compact.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A very pretty gun, but I wish WC's spec also included not having that damn "don't be a dumbass" disclaimer stamped into the side of the pistol. This is the equivalent of having "don't drive drunk, do not operate vehicle above posted speed limits, do not text and drive" painted on the side of every car.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This was my very first thought as well. It was "almost" perfect !!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
How are you guys ordering or even seeing "Out of Stock"? I just see the pics and specs on my end.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:57:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How are you guys ordering or even seeing "Out of Stock"? I just see the pics and specs on my end.
View Quote

You have to go to their online store.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Picked mine up yesterday. It's the best Beretta 92 I've ever handled. I suspect it will be superbly accurate when I get it to the range.
View Quote

I congree. I really like combo of the frontstrap/backstrap checkering and the VZ grips. My first impression when I picked it up was that it felt like picking up a 1911 with the same treatment.

It's a fantastic suppressor host, too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Jeebus - have you guys seen what these are going for over on Gunbroker? Glad I got mine at the bargain basement MSRP.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=453074909

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=454217853

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I am at 1250 rounds through mine (had four days off in a row!)
and love it.

Semi Mad Man / Crazy Person
Una-Beretta-er
Manifesto/Review

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=111708
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I am at 1250 rounds through mine (had four days off in a row!)
and love it.

Semi Mad Man / Crazy Person
Una-Beretta-er
Manifesto/Review

http://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=111708
View Quote

Hey Ramair - you know you're probably second only to Bill Wilson when it comes to rounds through one of these at this point. I've only put 130 through mine so far, but I'm heading back to the range Saturday AM to test out a new SIG P320C I just picked up. I'll put a few more through the BT when I'm there. Glad you're loving it!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:24:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top