Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 1:33:19 PM EDT
So I went with my dad to the range the other day and while shooting my new 92A1 I was halfway through a magazine and I pulled the trigger and nothing happend!  I held the pistol down range for a few minutes thinking perhaps it was a hang fire or something but it never fired.  I also tried a pulling the trigger to strike the primer a few more times but this didn't get it to fire either.  I took it back to the bench to look at it , and I realized the slide was actually sitting back ~1/4" or so and that it also would not move!

After doing a brief internet search on what to do it seemed that perhaps I had a broken locking block (on a brand new pistol!) so I applied some force on it to get it to open and low and behold, the round ejected.  However, after further inspection of the pistol and the (unfired) round I noticed that the brass case was ~1/16" longer than the other 9mm ammo I had been shooting that day.  I re-chambered it slowly so as not to jam it into the chamber again and once again the slide was not closing all the way and stuck back just slightly.  I am just glad the gun was not actually broken and that the ammo was the problem!

Anyone ever have something like this happen?  Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is make sure the brass on each round is actually the correct length!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
so were these reloads or factory? and did you have any other problems that day with the gun?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I had it happen with a G19 and WWB.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammo. That'll happen, even with factory.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so were these reloads or factory? and did you have any other problems that day with the gun?
View Quote

Winchester white box that was purchased during the panic when even 9mm was hard to find.   Apparently this isn't uncommon with "panic" ammo...

ETA: No other malfunctions thank goodness!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Winchester white box that was purchased during the panic when even 9mm was hard to find.   Apparently this isn't uncommon with "panic" ammo...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn I bought a lot of that stuff too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Exactly why I don't buy ammo in panic buy times. QC goes right out the window.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a box of WWB somewhere during that time and I swear it's all rusty looking.  Spots of some sort on it.   I was like, whaaaa?  I had never seen that before.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Lesson learned to not buy panic ammo. Personally I buy 2 boxes and store one, Shoot the other. Ain't getting caught holding the bag on crap ammo. Burned to many times over the years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top