Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2014 12:28:20 AM EDT
Lightly used, common model (safety/decocker).  Rail cover wasn't included...

Any issues I should know about?  I've never had a .40 92 type before.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
No issues at all. I've had the 9mm version for several years now. The only thing I did with mine is install the "thin" grip. I also stippled the grip. You've got a great pistol there. If you get a 9mm barrel and magazine you can shoot 9mm out of it. I took it a step further and bought an entire .40 caliber model 96 upper assembly for mine so I can swap back and forth at will. It's a typical Beretta, reliable, accurate, and a littel chunky.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
So there are no battering issues with .40?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine's a .40 and I've had none. I'm north of 2,500 rounds and it's been rock solid.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why there's a built in bushing in the 90-2 and the 92/96A1 models. On my 92A1, theres a blue bushing inside the frame.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the 9mm model before I sold it. Good gun, holsters are a pain to get without some searching. Don't worry about the rail cover, it's just a style thing. I never used mine.

As a hint: The leather holsters for the 92A1 work (leather flexes enough) but Kydex doesn't due to the different lines of the slide. The Serpa CQC for the Beretta Px4 works (my chosen range holster for 2 years for that gun). SHTF Gear makes a nice IWB hybrid for it for about $60 that's on their site or on amazon (my chosen ccw for a year until I sold the gun). The 6004 Safariland holster works great as well, although they are some hulking bulky rigs.

ETA: You can also drop in a 9mm barrel if you ever want to change.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top